Sudoku Explainer Fixes

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Re:

Postby lksudoku » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Pat wrote:and how about the source-code?

The sources for version 2.1.9 can be found in this page
and can be compiled using jdk by running the mymake.bat batch file

The compiled binary result is at
this page
lksudoku
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 06 October 2010

Re: Re:

Postby fansud » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:59 am

lksudoku wrote:
Pat wrote:and how about the source-code?

The sources for version 2.1.9 can be found in this page
and can be compiled using jdk by running the mymake.bat batch file

The compiled binary result is at
this page


Hi

I have a few questions which I hope someone can answer.

Is there a document to list and explain how to use command line options?
Is it possible to generate and solve puzzles in batch (for example generate and solve 10 puzzles with a certain difficulty rating and output the results to files)?

When running in Windows using the command line
java -jar fixed14sudokuexplainer.jar
I get an error
Warning: Could not open/create prefs root node.... etc
What does this mean and can it be fixed?

Thank you for your help.
fansud
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 August 2018

Re: Re:

Postby 1to9only » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:24 pm

fansud wrote:When running in Windows using the command line
java -jar fixed14sudokuexplainer.jar
I get an error
Warning: Could not open/create prefs root node.... etc
What does this mean and can it be fixed?

This was discussed here: http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/help-with-sudoku-explainer-t6677-30.html#p236181. You'll need to run SudokuExplainer at least once with administrator priviledge. This will create registry entries for some SudokuExplainer settings.

If you do not wish to run java with admin priviledge, you can update the registry manually by creating the 2 reg files below and running them in a command prompt.

se_hk_local_machine.reg
Code: Select all
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs]



se_hk_current_user.reg
Code: Select all
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\diuf]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\diuf\sudoku]
"is/R/C/Notation"="true"
"is/Antialiasing"="true"
"is/Showing/Candidates"="true"

1to9only
 
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 April 2018

Re: Re:

Postby fansud » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:01 am

1to9only wrote:
fansud wrote:When running in Windows using the command line
java -jar fixed14sudokuexplainer.jar
I get an error
Warning: Could not open/create prefs root node.... etc
What does this mean and can it be fixed?

This was discussed here: http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/help-with-sudoku-explainer-t6677-30.html#p236181. You'll need to run SudokuExplainer at least once with administrator priviledge. This will create registry entries for some SudokuExplainer settings.



Thank you - running as admin worked. Is it possible to do what I asked in the first question?
fansud
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 August 2018

Re: Re:

Postby 1to9only » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:45 am

fansud wrote:Is there a document to list and explain how to use command line options?

Run this, pipe stderr output to text file, view text file.
Code: Select all
java.exe -cp SudokuExplainer.jar diuf.sudoku.test.serate --man 2>SE.txt

fansud wrote:Is it possible to generate and solve puzzles in batch (for example generate and solve 10 puzzles with a certain difficulty rating and output the results to files)?

I do not know.
1to9only
 
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 April 2018

re: Sudoku Explainer

Postby Pat » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:14 pm

fansud wrote:
Is it possible to generate and solve puzzles in batch


Sudoku Explainer wil rate a batch of puzzles
(coming from another source)
User avatar
Pat
 
Posts: 3641
Joined: 18 July 2005

Re: re: Sudoku Explainer

Postby fansud » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:16 am

Thank you 1to9only and Pat for your help.
fansud
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 August 2018

Previous

Return to Software