Sudoku books are best-sellers

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Sudoku books are best-sellers

Postby r.e.s. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:08 am

I haven't been following the best-seller lists, but I just noticed in today's L.A. Times that *three* of the ten best-selling nonfiction paperbacks in So. California are about Sudoku!
r.e.s.

Best sellers

Postby Robert » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:14 pm

I have done a bit of travelling recently, and decided that collecting Sudoku books in a variety of languages might be fun. (of course, the puzzles transcend language). English, Greek, Italian, Dutch, Arabic, all no problem. I show them all to my students and explain that they can do a puzzle even though it's in Dutch!
Is anyone else teaching Sudoku to kids? I'd like to hear from you! I am working with K-5, although second grade is the youngest I have done so far. (I used pattern blocks on a 4x4 grid, but they are ready for more.)
R
Robert

Re: Best sellers

Postby r.e.s. » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:24 pm

Robert wrote:I have done a bit of travelling recently, and decided that collecting Sudoku books in a variety of languages might be fun. (of course, the puzzles transcend language). English, Greek, Italian, Dutch, Arabic, all no problem. I show them all to my students and explain that they can do a puzzle even though it's in Dutch!
Is anyone else teaching Sudoku to kids? I'd like to hear from you! I am working with K-5, although second grade is the youngest I have done so far. (I used pattern blocks on a 4x4 grid, but they are ready for more.)
R

Here's a Sudoku puzzle some medieval Persians might have enjoyed:D ...

(For the real thing, look <here>.)
r.e.s.

Return to General