Sudocue LED behavior request

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Postby zvalue » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Ruud,

Thanks for the wonderful Sudocue program. I have used Simple Sudoku for years and I find your program superior for many reasons. However, there is one feature that I would like to see changed to match the Simple Sudoku behavior, perhaps as an option. What I see may, in fact, be a bug.

In Simple Sudoku, when I hold the control key down and click on various cells to select them, when I de-select a candidate (ALT-number), all of the cells with that number are removed from the candidate list of the selected cells, whether or not all of the selected cells have that candidate.

On the other hand, with Sudocue, after selecting the cells I want, if ANY of the cells do not have the candidate in them, the markup LED does not de-select the candidates of the cells that DO have the candidate within them. In other words, all of the selected cells must have the candidate or the candidate is not removed from any of the selected cells.

I hope you still update this program and will consider my suggestion.

Thanks,

Kerry
ZVALUE
zvalue

Postby Glyn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:15 am

I am sorry to say that it is unlikely that Ruud will be able to make the changes as he appears to currently not be working on Sudocue.

The correction would be fairly trivial if he were around. During cell selection it appears that the logical AND opertaion has been used as opposed to OR in consolidating the contents of the selected cells. Suprisingly it hasn't been spotted before.
Glyn

Postby zvalue » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:15 am

Glyn wrote:I am sorry to say that it is unlikely that Ruud will be able to make the changes as he appears to currently not be working on Sudocue.

The correction would be fairly trivial if he were around. During cell selection it appears that the logical AND opertaion has been used as opposed to OR in consolidating the contents of the selected cells. Suprisingly it hasn't been spotted before.

That is too bad. He is still listed as the moderator, which is why I posted the message here. Do you know a private email address for him?

Thanks,

Kerry
ZVALUE
zvalue

Postby enxio27 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:03 pm

zvalue wrote:That is too bad. He is still listed as the moderator, which is why I posted the message here. Do you know a private email address for him?

You can try him at Ruud@sudocue.net, but I'm not sure he's monitoring that address any longer. Unfortunately, as Glyn said, it appears that Ruud has moved on to other interests. (A long-time user on the Sudocue and other forums called his home and spoke with his wife, so we know Ruud is alive and well.)
enxio27

Postby zvalue » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:14 am

enxio27 wrote:You can try him at Ruud@sudocue.net, but I'm not sure he's monitoring that address any longer. Unfortunately, as Glyn said, it appears that Ruud has moved on to other interests. (A long-time user on the Sudocue and other forums called his home and spoke with his wife, so we know Ruud is alive and well.)

Thank you very much. I emailed him the message at the start of this thread. I'm happy to hear that he is doing well.

Kerry
ZVALUE
zvalue

Return to Software