stuck on chicago sun times 1/8/6, thank you for help

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Postby sweetbix » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:25 am

I agree with Pat & Animator. The first deduction has to be where the 5 goes in r9. The second deduction is where that puts the 5 in box 7.

I also agree with Cec. Pat & I were saying the same thing but my statement took the first deduction as read.

I suspect they knew what I meant but while they were splitting hairs they missed the thing I really did get wrong.
sweetbix wrote:In box 7 the 5 must be placed in row 9 (or where r7 intersects with box 9)

Only Cec picked that. Thanks! I have edited it.
sweetbix

Chicago sun times 1/8/06

Postby Cec » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:07 am

Thanks Animator for your "rescue mission":) In accepting your well described explanations that Pat's and Sweetbix's above quotations are different and now understanding that Pat's explanations are preferred, I'm still of the view that the conclusions reached by both are the same as to the correct placement of the 5's in row 9 (or box7) which was the point I was trying to make.

Good to see sweetbix has just replied favourably so I can now relax and enjoy my shower.
Cec

Cec

Postby ChrisT » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:38 am

Surely using your computer in the shower is a little dangerous?:D

Chris
ChrisT

Postby Cec » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:07 pm

ChrisT wrote:Surely using your computer in the shower is a little dangerous?:D

Not when there's a "naked pair"!:D
Cec
Cec

Previous