Solving Sudoku

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Solving Sudoku

Postby Guest » Tue May 24, 2005 10:32 pm

Hi Everyone,
Well I have completed a few puzzles and just now I copied one of the V. Hard puzzles some guy was having problems with and tried it. I was doing well until I found that I'd gone wrong somewhere and this totally messed up most of what I had done. I found this very frustrating, and subsequwntly am taking a break from it to avoid a large tea stain up the wall, if you know what I mean ;) My question is, is iit possible to solve these puzzles by logic alone, i.e. no guess work, and so avoid making mistakes by being able to justify a number's position?
Cheers,
Nick

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed May 25, 2005 6:30 am

The puzzles created by Pappocom are all solveable by logic alone - at all levels - and there are advanced techniques posted elsewhere on this site to help with the Hard and Very Hard puzzles.

I've gotten as far as Fiendish level from the book and can honestly say that I've never resorted to guessing or trial and error to solve them. Although it does take me a matter of days so I don't suppose my techiniques are to be recommended:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby lobby__boy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:49 pm

as far as i've been able to gather...trial and error (as far as pappocom goes) isn't necessary. i'm also sort of a newb at this, so i'm right there with you. keep working at it, i think i've solved maybe 1 very hard, but i'm jsut guessing (i don't have the program yet, so i'm just doing ones people post are impossible, rather unsuccessfully).
lobby__boy

Return to General