Small tool for the lazy

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Small tool for the lazy

Postby groston » Mon May 08, 2023 8:58 pm

I have posted here a few times asking for some guidance, but this time, I think I might add value.

I enjoy some of the Sudoku variants, like Killer Sudoku, but was getting really tired of trying to figure out which combinations of digits summed to the appropriate value. So, purely out of laziness, I developed an Excel spreadsheet with macros, available here: http://pairofdocs.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/KillerCheck.xlsm, that allows entering the digits (in up to six cells), the value to which these digits sum, and will show you which are the legitimate digits. It is assumed that digits cannot repeat, but in some case they can, so simply put any character in ‘Allow Dupes’ box.

Hope that someone finds this helpful.
groston

Re: Small tool for the lazy

Postby asumasa » Thu May 11, 2023 12:28 pm

That's awesome, dude! Developing an Excel spreadsheet with macros to simplify solving Killer Sudoku variants is a clever idea. It shows your creativity and problem-solving skills. Providing a tool like this can definitely add value to others who enjoy playing Sudoku but find the combination of digits and their sums challenging. Your spreadsheet seems user-friendly and efficient, making the solving process easier. Sharing it with others shows your willingness to help and contribute to the Sudoku community. Keep up the great work, and I'm sure many people will find your tool helpful and appreciate your effort!
asumasa

Return to Software