Simple Sudoku by Angus Johnson

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Simple Sudoku by Angus Johnson

Postby Maggie Rose » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:43 am

This is a freeware programmed through Windows XP and earlier. It had many levels of difficulty, filled in the pencil marks, used colors, X-wing and XY-wing. I really enjoyed it. Does anyone out there know if something similar is available for Vista and Windows 7?

Or can you just point me to a site where I can get puzzles that autofill the pencil marks? I get frustrated that I spend more time adding and deleting pencil marks manually than I do solving the puzzle.

I've just joined this forum and can see that while I've away from Sudoku some really cool improvements, add-ons and puzzle designs are available. If there are any freeware games that would be good, but I'm also into supporting the developer.

Oh, also, I prefer to play on my computer rather than online, if possible.

Thanks to all the wizards out there who might have the right tonic for my Suduko withdrawal symptoms.
Maggie Rose
2011 Supporter

Re: Simple Sudoku by Angus Johnson

Postby eleven » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:14 pm

There many good programs out there. Look in the "Software", "Sudoku Programs" etc. sections of the sudoku forums.

One, i can recommend for your purpose is JSudoku by Jean-Christophe (for download go to the "Software" page). I dont have vista/7, but since its a java program, i guess it will run there. Otherwise you can ask the author to compile a new windows version.
eleven

Re: Simple Sudoku by Angus Johnson

Postby ronk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Maggie Rose wrote:This is a freeware programmed through Windows XP and earlier. It had many levels of difficulty, filled in the pencil marks, used colors, X-wing and XY-wing. I really enjoyed it. Does anyone out there know if something similar is available for Vista and Windows 7?

Although it was released a few years ago, Simple Sudoku version 4.2n installs and runs just fine on Windows 7.
ronk
2012 Supporter

Return to Software