Searching Sudoku solver, written in Prolog for any size N

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Searching Sudoku solver, written in Prolog for any size N

Postby Hoppelhase » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:55 am

Hi!

First I have to told you, that my english is sometimes very bad. Well, here's my problem:

I have to program a sudoku solver in gnu prolog for any size n. But I've got no idea how to deal with this problem. My solution must base upon constraint solving. I've found many solutions in the web, but almost all are written for a 9x9-matrix, so that I can't do anything with it.

Is anybody out there, who can give me a hint or knows a good solving in the web? I would be grateful for any answer.

With kind regards

Sabine
Hoppelhase

CSP/CLP Help

Postby LarryLACa » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:20 pm

CSP (Constraint Satisfaction Problems) and CLP (Constraint Logic Programming) are referenced, at least obliquely, in the Wikipedia Sudoku article. Obliquely means you have to snoop through the links. See the Computer solutions section, then look under 'backtracking' then..

This may give you some idea how to proceed.

Sudoku only has 3 constraints (box, col, row) which are applied to each of N units, so this sounds doable, but the solver engine will have to work hard for sizes > 9x9.
LarryLACa

Postby Barret » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Hello Everyone! Actually I am also working on the N x M Sudogu Prolog Problem, so I would be glad if we could share some ideas on this issue!
I will let you know about my progress!
Barret

Return to Software