Searching for websites: techniques

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Searching for websites: techniques

Postby mpcsmits » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:40 pm

On my quest on the web, I found several sites explaing the techniques. Most of them explain the basics and sometimes progress in doing some "harder" stuff like x-wing etc.

But none of these sites seem to be "complete". Site A handles technique x, site B handles y. But there is no site available which has both x and y.

I am looking for the most complete site (if there is one) which describes the most techniques. Who of you knows this kind of site ? Maybe an opportunity for anyone of you to set one up ?

Also looking for explanations of avaible chain notations. I got help already with one chain, did find a sticky post mentioning some basics. But this solver program I found, provided another kind of format. Is there such a site/page available somewhere or should I just post the chain in this forum for you to answer ?
mpcsmits

Postby TKiel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:45 pm

There is a sticky at the top of the 'Advanced Solving Techniques' forum that contains links to many, many sites and/or threads. Some explain many techniques, some explain only one. I don't think you'll find one site that explains all techniques.

Tracy
TKiel

Postby mpcsmits » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:50 pm

Ouch, somehow I completely missed that sticky post...:( Thanks for the heads up.

Any takers on the notation question ?
mpcsmits

Postby Carcul » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:16 pm

Mpcsmits wrote:Any takers on the notation question ?

I have posted just yesterday this thread about the notation used mainly in forcing chains in this forum. Hope it helps.

Regards, Carcul
Carcul

Postby re'born » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:17 pm

mpcskits,

tkiel wrote:I don't think you'll find one site that explains all techniques.

tkiel is right, but the best I have found for info in one place is aeb's website:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~aeb/games/sudoku/
re'born

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques