Samurai Sudoku 6th August

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

Samurai Sudoku 6th August

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:35 am

Can someone post it, please? I have no way to get the Times here...
Thanks!

Postby possum » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:12 am

[Edited by Pappocom: Sorry to take down your (no doubt) time-consuming entry, but as I have said before in these forums, I oppose the routine posting of other people's puzzles. The occasional entry of a one-off puzzle from another source may be acceptable. But it is a different matter to post a weekly puzzle, week after week. It is the theft of Intellectual Property. As I have said previously, I don't supply the Samurai puzzles, so it is not as if I am protecting my own turf. It is (a) a matter of principle, and (b) protection from being labelled as a site which ignores the IP rights of others.

- Wayne]
possum

Postby possum » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:11 am

Sorry Wayne. Point taken.:)
possum

Postby Pappocom » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:16 am

Hi, possum. Thanks for understanding.

You might notice that the original poster is called "Guest", and you might be wondering how that is possible - because anyone wanting to post a message has to register as a member. Well I suppose it's possible that he registered as a member and called himself "Guest" ...:)

But really, it means that the original poster did not identify himself or herself with a legitimate email address, and so his/her membership has been deleted.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Lardarse » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:15 am

While we're on the subject of what we can and can't publish here, I have a quick question. Are puzzles that have been published somewhere (and that aren't freely published like on the web) a no-no ?

LA
Lardarse

Postby george-no1 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:23 am

Pappocom wrote:Well I suppose it's possible that he registered as a member and called himself "Guest"

Just to clarify, I don't think this is possible as there is no 'date joined' and 'no. of posts' underneath his name.

G:)
george-no1

Postby Pappocom » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:34 pm

Lardarse wrote:While we're on the subject of what we can and can't publish here, I have a quick question. Are puzzles that have been published somewhere (and that aren't freely published like on the web) a no-no ?

A one-off or occasional posting is acceptable, but not a routine posting of every puzzle published by that source! Further, the purpose of posting matters. If the puzzle is published in order to illustrate some Sudoku-related point, or to ask a Sudoku-related question, that's OK. But it's not OK if the only purpose is to re-publish the puzzle.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:38 pm

The Times website does have a contacts page where you can contact them.............................

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Samiurai 7th Aug

Postby Satwant » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:16 pm

hello please could someome [post the times samiurai sudoku for the weekend of 7th of August. I missed my paper .
thx
Satwant

Postby Karyobin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:54 pm

ROTFL.
Karyobin

Return to Published puzzles