Please post codes for Times puzzles

All about puzzles in newspapers, magazines, and books

Please post codes for Times puzzles

Postby VegHeadMoby » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:59 pm

Is anyone willing to post the codes for the super fiendish competition entries from the Times 2 from the first week (or so) of July?
These puzzles are "not available online."

Thanks a lot!

:DEm
VegHeadMoby

Postby silvercar » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:01 pm

There is a copyright issue, Monday's was printed in the forum and then removed.
silvercar

Postby simes » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:59 am

Pappocom's comment was that it was removed because it was posted on the same day it was printed - perhaps we'd be allowed to post it a little later.
Last edited by simes on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
simes

Postby demdempster » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:51 am

Not sure about that. I posted Monday's on Tuesday and had it canned. As you can enter until some time next week presumably whatever copyright considerations exist prevail until then.

It may feel as though you are missing out, but the 'super fiendish' label is clearly a ploy.

I had no interest in the competition as such [pay £25 for the pleasure of hauling yourself to Cheltenham to get blown away by some 'wizard'; I think not], but I wanted to test myself against more difficult puzzles. The first two were very straightforward, then on Wednesday, although it was more difficult, it took me longer to do the 'ordinary' fiendish on the back page than the competition one. I haven't bothered buying it since.
demdempster

Postby VegHeadMoby » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:27 pm

demdempster wrote:It may feel as though you are missing out, but the 'super fiendish' label is clearly a ploy.

Thanks for the tip...I was really only interested in getting the codes because of the 'super fiendish' label (I naturally thought that they would be challenging).

Thanks anyway,

Em
VegHeadMoby

Return to Published puzzles