PLEASE HEALP ME!!!!!!!!

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

PLEASE HEALP ME!!!!!!!!

Postby Damascus_Dude » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Hey guys... this is the hardest sudoku puzzle i have encountered... maybe it aint to hard for some of you blokes cause you guys are like... good... lol.... but i am just starting out and need someone to solve it for me please...

http://www.timtang.com/ttt/dkc/kong/2965178.html

Thanks Guys

Jonathan
Damascus_Dude

Postby Ruud » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Jonathan, your link doesn't work.

It is customary to post the puzzle in its partially solved state in text format on this forum. This enables others to copy it quickly into their software.

Ruud
Ruud

Postby Damascus_Dude » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:20 am

I cant put it in the format you guys use because its not your basic 9x9 puzzle
i'll try to get a picture that will work on here

thanks
Damascus_Dude

Postby Damascus_Dude » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:32 am

theres the link guys.... could someone be a total champ and solve it for me.... thanks guys!

God Bless

Jonathan
Damascus_Dude

Postby RW » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:19 am

I don't know what the "timtang test" is or what you can win by completing it, but it seems to me that the terms of use explicitly say that you are not allowed to seek help from forums, nor to create any direct links to the content of the test. Any cheating should lead to a permanent ban from the site... No matter if the purpose of the test is to show your friends that you are smart, or just to prove this to yourself, I'd recommend that you solve that puzzle yourself. You could start by following the links to jigsaw techniques here. Perhaps someone else can recommend some other good jigsaw solving guide.

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

Postby Sped » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:36 pm

FWIW, the puzzle is not particularly hard, and can be solved without pencil marks.
Sped

Postby RW » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:34 am

Sped wrote:FWIW, the puzzle is not particularly hard, and can be solved without pencil marks.

Your right, singles and locked candidates will crack it. Maybe it's even enough with singles.

Btw. I checked out this test and it's very interesting and addictive. Haven't made it to the puzzle above yet, only completed the first 26 levels. But I must say that the jigsaw puzzle posted here is extremely easy compared to many of the riddles I've encountered so far!

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

Postby wintder » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:54 pm

RW wrote:Btw. I checked out this test and it's very interesting and addictive. Haven't made it to the puzzle above yet, only completed the first 26 levels. But I must say that the jigsaw puzzle posted here is extremely easy compared to many of the riddles I've encountered so far!

RW

Makes one think the the actual puzzle may not be relevant?

A guess btw, I am not so lofty.
wintder

Postby coloin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Well I couldn't get the first question right

Code: Select all
level-1

Where am I going wrong

C
coloin

Postby RW » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:55 pm

It should be "level1". The - is there in the tutorial only because they were levels '-5' - '-1', the real test starts from 1. I understand the problem, took a while for me also...:) If you haven't done all of the tutorial, I can recommend you go through it. Gives you a lot of helpful ideas on where to find hints.

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

Postby coloin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:29 pm

Well i give up
I tried that and it still didnt work
even the tutorial doesnt work
100+200=300 right

C
coloin

Postby wintder » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:31 am

coloin wrote:Well I couldn't get the first question right

level-1

Where am I going wrong

C

In the forums there are people who report that they must enter the correct answer many times before it is accepted.

I sure wouldn't play if that happened to me.

You seem to be one of the ones with a compatibility issue.
wintder

Postby Damascus_Dude » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:43 am

Yeah the prob is you are on "level1" not "level-1" soo try that... and if anyone needs some help.... PM me

God Bless

Jonathan
Damascus_Dude

Postby RW » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:49 am

How odd... works for me.
username: level-5
password: 300

should take you to the next level in the tutorial. No uppercase letters or spaces in the answers, that's the only thing I can think of that could go wrong.

RW

PS. Just realized that for the first 100 levels, the players are allowed to ask for hints, but not direct answers. In case of the puzzle above, I cannot really give any other hint than solve it, it's very straightforward. But if other people here are interested in taking on the "worlds longest and hardest online puzzle", then perhaps we could have a discussion thread in the off-topic forum?

[Edit: Just sailed past the level with the puzzle above. Very disappointed at that level, only three very simple sudokus with an obvious little extra twist... Hope there are some more challenging sudokus further down the road! ]
RW
2010 Supporter

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques