Players of Sudoku, Characteristics

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Players of Sudoku, Characteristics

Postby studentofsudoku » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Hello Players of Sudoku, I'm doing a project for school and I'm interested in how Sudoku players describe themselves in terms of characteristics that relate to and/or inspire you to play Sudoku. What do you find about Sudoku that intrigues you? Do you consider yourself analytical, passionate, hypothetical, intuitive, deductive, logical, practical? All of the above? I want to learn, in your own words, in your own perspective, how you would consider yourself apt to play Sudoku and/or how you would 'generalize' yourself and other Sudoku players.

Thank you!! Looking forward to learning from you all. Thanks for letting me be part of this community forum.
studentofsudoku

Re: Players of Sudoku, Characteristics

Postby baea808 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:16 pm

hi! i hope i'm not too late!

among the words you used, i'd say i'm pretty much all of them to some degree... let's go with "deductive", "intuitive" and "logical".

i believe most sudoku players share these characteristics. i'd also include "naturally curious" or "investigative".

studentofsudoku wrote:What do you find about Sudoku that intrigues you?

i love how the logic of it is cyclical, robust. there are several different ways one can take to achieve the same results.

the fact that it exercises the brain is also a plus for me.
baea808

Re: Players of Sudoku, Characteristics

Postby Pupp » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 am

I got tired if chess. I never came close to what I wanted to achieve. Online chess was rife with cheaters, sandbaggers, etc.

I was attracted to Sudoku by the sheer logic of solving puzzles.
That is, every soduko puzzle can be solved by pure logic.

At least, that holds true until you get to the hardest puzzles, anyway. At that difficulty level, logic can get very twisty.

Also, I suppose I'm trying to challenge my brain, without the distraction of comparing it to someone else's brain.

At my difficulty rating (5.0 to 6.0 SE), my goal is to solve puzzles in under 10 minutes.

I do other logic puzzles too, but nothing that competes with Sudoku.
Pupp

Return to General