Picture logic puzzles - Great enjoyment!

For fans of all other kinds of logic puzzles

Picture logic puzzles - Great enjoyment!

Postby Logic_Puzzle_Fan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:52 pm

Anyone ever try picture logic puzzles? You use logic to decide if a square is blank or filled in and it eventually reveals a hidden picture. Great fun cos the pictures can be quite nice, especially in the larger puzzles.

You can download free samples and solutions at www.mardarpuzzles.com/samples.htm

I'd highly recommend it!:D
Logic_Puzzle_Fan

picture logic

Postby loverofanimals » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:47 am

As a fan of 'picture logic puzzles' you should take a look at
www.griddlers.net
I think you will enjoy it.

Have a great, thought provoking day!
loverofanimals

Picture Logic Puzzles

Postby afecay » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

I always find these ones very frustrating:( so not really a fan of them, is there an electronic version anywhere that I can practice with so that I do not have to keep rubbing out the squares all the time??

Thank you
afecay

Postby robert@fm » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Does anyone know what is the Japanese name for these puzzles?

W. H. Smith (the only UK publisher I know of) used to call them "Tsunami", but the disaster of Boxing Day 2004 made using that name tsuicide (sorry), so they now call them "Hanjie".
robert@fm

Postby udosuk » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:21 am

According to this source some Japanese puzzlers called it Edel...
udosuk

Postby Lindy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:11 am

When I first came across these puzzles on the web a few years ago, they were simply called Nonograms. That was on a Japanese site which, if memory serves me correctly, was later revamped to Puzzle Japan. The puzzles then had the new name of Edel. They now have a plethora of different names.
Lindy

Re: Picture Logic Puzzles

Postby robert@fm » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:34 pm

afecay wrote:I always find these ones very frustrating:( so not really a fan of them, is there an electronic version anywhere that I can practice with so that I do not have to keep rubbing out the squares all the time??

You could try "Pattern" in Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzles; the pictures are automatically-generated, hence abstract, but this means that there's an endless supply of them, and also that you're forced to use pure logic -- no guessing.

The other puzzles in the collection are also good.:)
robert@fm

Nonograms on line

Postby Anna » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Anna

Return to Other logic puzzles