Online Sudokus For Kindle 3

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Online Sudokus For Kindle 3

Postby civiliza » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:01 pm

As a non-US owner of a WiFi only Kindle 3, I have had an ongoing project to "do" Sudoku's when out of range of my WiFi link.

For reasons that I won't go into, this involved creating a javascript/HTML file, posting it on the internet, and then accessing it from the Kindle while still in WiFi range. Thereafter the Kindle will remember the file enabling continued use when effectively offline.

Anyway, given my rudimentary javascript skills, and the interface limitations of the Kindle 3, I have created a series of such files accessible from the web location http://www.civiliza.webspace.virginmedia.com/. Each of the files holds 100 predefined puzzles.

To be honest, they work better with Firefox than via the Kindle, and much more could be added if the Kindle wasn't the lowest common denominator, but it's the best I can do.

Constructive criticism only please (I know it has glaring deficiencies - like I say, I am coding down to the Kindle 3's level). If you know how it could be improved, I would appreciate some code examples.
civiliza

Return to Software