new to the game, any tips?

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

new to the game, any tips?

Postby Smart_A1ec » Wed May 03, 2006 2:08 am

Hey i'm 13 and i'm totaly new to sudoku, and i haven't even finished my first puzzle:( but I can't seem to get it, mabye sudoku is too advance or just not for me, but i read a book and it didn't seem to help, every time i acutaly put the numbers in the boxes and i think they are all right i find out that only like 2 of them are right. So i have to ask.. got any tips for a newbie? i just can't seem to get my head around this whole thing, i mean i know how to play and i'm hooked but i can't finish it! i seem to quite on that one and move to the next, but the book i bout, the first one is easeist and the 2nd one is a bit hard, and harder etc.

so if anybody has any tips for solving the *correct* numbers or anything tips on how to guess correctly or anything, please, PLEASE, post them here.:D thatnks,

mathieu
Smart_A1ec

Postby Smart_A1ec » Wed May 03, 2006 2:13 am

also, what's X-Wing and think another guy said 'swordfish' mean?
Smart_A1ec

Postby vidarino » Wed May 03, 2006 7:44 am

This page has a very nice rundown of basic and intermediate techniques;

http://angusj.com/sudoku/hints.php

Good luck solving.:)
vidarino

Postby Smart_A1ec » Wed May 03, 2006 1:26 pm

:Di am happy to say that that site worked for me wonderfully and and even happier to say i finished my very first puzzle correctly!:!::!::D
Smart_A1ec

Postby Smart_A1ec » Wed May 03, 2006 1:52 pm

i downloaded a program called "simple sudoku' here http://angusj.com/sudoku/index.php

it's pretty cool, it can help you along the way, my first time i got 18 'invalid' moves :P so i guess you could say that alright for a first timer :P

EDIT: Wow after another puzzle I am down to 10 invalid moves:D hints and clues are just popping up all over the place! I think i'm getting better:)
Smart_A1ec

Return to General