New to Sudoku, Expert help needed about advanced techniques

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

New to Sudoku, Expert help needed about advanced techniques

Postby Gunns » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Hello, This is Gunns here and I am completely new to the world of Sudoku. I have attempted exactly 8 Sudoku's as yet, 3-Easy, 2-Medium, 3-Hard.

Although, I have been able to solve all of the Sudoku's successfully, but I am not yet aware of the various advanced techniques used, not by name atleast. My average Sudoku time is 10 mins for Easy, 17 mins for Medium and 25 mins for Hard. Could anyone please give me some idea about various techniques in use ?

Please ?
Gunns

Postby TKiel » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:16 pm

Gunns,

Welcome to the forum.

There are many websites that have explanations of various technniques, including this one in the bar on the left of the homepage called 'how to solve'. Two others that I've found extremely informative are www.angusj.com and www.simes.clara.co.uk/programs/sudokutechniques.htm. There are also many techniques described in this 'advanced solving techniques' forum but to learn them one may need to spend a lot of time reading through the posts in a particular thread.

My suggestion is to visit those sites and read the material there. Then if you still have questions or aren't sure if you understand a particular technique or want to know if a certain technique applies to a particular puzzle you are solving, you can post it using the terminology that most people on this forum understand. There is a 'sticky' in the 'help with particular puzzles' forum that helps explain how to use the various tools (quote, code, url, etc..) that are available when you do post your question.

Tracy
TKiel

Return to Advanced solving techniques