New sudoku-by-email service

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

New sudoku-by-email service

Postby PuzzlesByEmail.com » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:43 pm

Hi all, I'm pleased to announce www.PuzzlesByEmail.com our new site offering free sudoku puzzles delivered by email each morning. We've got them in easy, medium, hard, 16x16 and 25x25 - you're welcome to sign up for all of them.

It's a grass-roots site, so any feedback is welcomed. Thanks in advance!
PuzzlesByEmail.com

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:35 pm

Who sets the puzzles?
Are they hand-crafted or computer-generated?
Will you sell personal information (ie email addresses) to other people?
Who exactly are you?
Are your ratings comparable to Pappocom's?
Did you ask the Administrator's permission to advertise your website?

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby PuzzlesByEmail.com » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:07 am

Wow, lotta questions ... let me attempt them one at a time.

I do
Computer generated
Never. If I make enough from Amazon links to pay for the hosting, I'll be happy.
Just a guy (pretty deep philosophical question, to be fair)
Unsure
No, didn't know I needed to

Clearly, the target for my site is not the high-level sudoku scholar - rather, the person who likes doing them and would like to have a few waiting each day when they get to the office (in other words, the service is modeled on what I wished I could find).
PuzzlesByEmail.com

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:57 am

Forgive my terseness, I'm sure that you can see that there is a lot of spamming going on and we get our fair share on this Forum.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, I'm fussy about the types of puzzles I take the time to solve, and who creates them - and from my time on this Forum I can attest that most of the regular posters are just as, if not more, fussy. I just wanted to know a few things and I'm glad you answered.

As for the Administrator's permission, you probably don't need it but it does help us to understand that this is not just another 'get to my website it's the best in the world' spam/free advert (in a nutshell).

I did check out the website and, if I may suggest, you might want to make it clear on the site that you don't sell/pass on email addresses to third parties, it's something that's important to me.

Anyway, thanks for the response, welcome to the Forum - I do hope that now you are a member you're not just going to plug your website and then disappear - and good luck with the website.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby PuzzlesByEmail.com » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:58 pm

Hi Luna,

Thanks for the feedback - I'll most definitely implement that suggestion about a privacy policy (it's actually mentioned in the "welcome email," but you're right, it would be good to have it there for someone deciding whether or not to sign up). And yes, I'm definitely going to be spending lots of time on this board ... I'm in the full throes of the addiction :>

Best,
James

[edited by Pappocom]
PuzzlesByEmail.com

Postby xmraja » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:50 pm

Emmmmmm....

What is the different between computer generate or man-made??
xmraja

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:33 pm

Computer generated puzzles are made by computer and hand-crafted puzzles are made by humans, without the use of a computer (supposedly).

Check this website out for a fuller explanation : Nikoli

It is, of course, personal preference - I do both - but the reason I asked is because I like to know who set the puzzles and how they set them (just 'cos I'm pernickity like that:D ).

In my defence, there are an awful lot of bad puzzles out there, so I like to be careful before I spend my time/money and ruin my brain cells trying to solve them.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Return to On the web