New Player

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

New Player

Postby arthur seaton » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:48 pm

I am a new player (two months), and have managed to record the following:

Easy; 6:50

Medium; 12:11

Hard; 15:32.

I am not looking for praise or scorn, but genuinely wish to know what scores I should be striving to attain.
I usually play two games a day, as I get frustrated if I misplace numbers too often.
:?:
arthur seaton

Postby Carcul » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:43 am

Hi Arthur seaton.

Welcome to this forum. I think most people in this forum are not very interested in speed when solving Sudoku puzzles (at least I am not), but more on the logical techniques that can be used. But, if you are interested in speed, I think that you stating 6:50 for a "Easy" is subjective because there are many kinds of easy puzzles (there are Easy puzzles that are easier than other puzzles also rated Easy). When I started solving Sudoku puzzles, I used to go to the websudoku page, which I recomend to you for training speed: if I remember well, the fastest time that I could manage for a "Easy" puzzle there where 2 minutes.

Regards, Carcul
Carcul

Postby arthur seaton » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Thanks Carcul, your reply bears out my own thoughts as I also find some rated puzzles are easier than others.
My own method of solving is to fill in the obvious numbers then complete single columns and rows. I then complete 3x3 squares as they become filled in.
It's very addictive and think I'll be puzzling till it drives me mad!:D
arthur seaton

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques