New logic puzzles

For fans of all other kinds of logic puzzles

New logic puzzles

Postby koushanejad74 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi All,

I design logic puzzles for fun, wasn't sure where to introduce 'em, thought people in this discussion board might be interested,

Here are the rules:

The goal is to connect all the islands(Circles) by drawing a series of bridges(Lines) between the islands. The bridges must follow certain criteria:
• Bridges must not cross each other.
• They may only run horizontally, vertically, or diagonally (45 degrees)
• At most one bridge connects a pair of islands.
• The number of bridges connected to each island must match the number on that island.
• The bridges must connect the islands into a single connected group.
• Some bridges are given initially, the goal is to find the remaining bridges

Note: Dotted gray lines show possible bridges

You can find samples at http://www.parspicks.com/Sanaku/

Your feedback is highly appreciated

-Kousha

networkpuzzle.png
networkpuzzle.png (68.65 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
Last edited by koushanejad74 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
koushanejad74

Re: New logic puzzles

Postby Hajime » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:28 pm

What is the challenge?
Hajime

Postby koushanejad74 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:05 pm

You are given the puzzle on the left, and you are supposed to find bridges connecting the circles, such that the number of bridges connected to each circle matched the number on that circle
koushanejad74

Postby Pat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:18 pm

koushanejad74 wrote:
    The goal is to connect all the islands(Circles)---

connect them all
into a single network
Pat

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 am

That website gave me only one puzzle, and it gave the solution too. I was hoping it would present a few more puzzles, without solutions given.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby tarek » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:07 am

I am still thinking of transforming some the Chess tour puzzles into network type puzzles (Pattern and lines instead of numbers). I've seen a few of those around (Not your variant Kousha as it has a different concept). This would work for King, Wazir and Ferz but potentially for all chess pieces. The programming and visuals take time and therefore it is a project that may or may not get to see the light of day ...

tarek
tarek

Postby koushanejad74 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Smythe Dakota wrote:That website gave me only one puzzle, and it gave the solution too. I was hoping it would present a few more puzzles, without solutions given.

Bill Smythe

Hi Bill,

When you go to http://www.parspicks.com/Sanaku/ just click on the image and it'll give you lots of samples with solutions

Here's the direct link
http://www.parspicks.com/Sanaku/SanaKu.pdf
koushanejad74

Postby koushanejad74 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:35 pm

tarek wrote:I am still thinking of transforming some the Chess tour puzzles into network type puzzles (Pattern and lines instead of numbers). I've seen a few of those around (Not your variant Kousha as it has a different concept). This would work for King, Wazir and Ferz but potentially for all chess pieces. The programming and visuals take time and therefore it is a project that may or may not get to see the light of day ...

tarek

Hi Tarek,

I didn't quite get what you meant? Could you please elaborate?

Also sent you a pm, but it appears in my outbox, I'm not sure if you've received it

Thanks,

-Kousha
koushanejad74

Postby tarek » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:42 pm

I replied to your PM. My comment is referencing the word "network" that Pat used. It therefore doesn't describe your puzzle and my comment can be considered off-topic

tarek
tarek

Postby Smythe Dakota » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:46 am

koushanejad74 wrote: .... When you go to http://www.parspicks.com/Sanaku/ just click on the image and it'll give you lots of samples with solutions ....

OK, thanks. Perhaps inside the blue arrow you could add a note saying "Click here for more puzzles".

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Return to Other logic puzzles