NEW form of Sudoku

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

NEW form of Sudoku

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:11 pm

Hi there, people.

I have invented a new form of sudoku (see sig) and the solving techniques it requires are sublime! I would love feedback (please contact me on the address on the site).

It is a real challenge on not very dissimilar to sudoku!

Hmmm, my sig did not appear:

Visit http://www.4dsudoku.com
You will need:
1. Acrobat reader (free at adobe.com)
2. To read the instructions
3. Java Runtime Environment (free at java.com)

Postby tarek » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:58 pm

sniqe, could you add these questions to your poll:

"Do you think that this thread was mis-placed in the advanced techniques forum?"

"Do you agree that this form of Sudoku variant is already well known & well documented elsewhere?"

Tarek
tarek

Off topic?

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:02 pm

Tarek,

I agree that the post was slightly off topic... but actually, the solving techniques for this form of sudoku is something that I would like to discus here, so it can claim relevance!

I did not know that somebody had beaten me to it! Could you provide me any evidence for this statement?

Cheers,

Andy

Postby tarek » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:26 pm

check this thread started by tso in July 2005
http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?t=995

Look for disjoint groups

check this link also
http://www.menneske.no/sudoku/dg/3/eng/

Tarek
tarek

Not so new idea...

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:48 pm

DOH!

Well, I can certainly claim that I created it myself without knowing that others were also doing it... and my invention predated the posts that you show links to, so I'm still going to claim that I created it... but it is disheartening that others are already onto the idea...

Thanks for getting back to me and posting the links, anyway.

I'd still like to discuss here the solving techniques for this puzzle which are, I maintain, fundamentally different from those used for traditional sudoku.

Cheers,
Andy

Postby tarek » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:43 am

Unfortunately sniqe, you are doing what spammers do.......

You have posted the poll now 3 times in defferent forums on these forums, this one came after I replied to 2 of them,

I'm glad that ab has echoed my thoughts which I posted in your 2 previous SIMILAR polls.

I think everybody got the idea now, but feel free to post it again to cement our impression..

Tarek
tarek

Postby tso » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:06 pm

sniqe wrote:DOH!

Well, I can certainly claim that I created it myself without knowing that others were also doing it... and my invention predated the posts that you show links to, so I'm still going to claim that I created it... but it is disheartening that others are already onto the idea...

Thanks for getting back to me and posting the links, anyway.

I'd still like to discuss here the solving techniques for this puzzle which are, I maintain, fundamentally different from those used for traditional sudoku.

Cheers,
Andy

The date of the posts is irrelevant. This variant has been continuously published in several monthly Japanese number place magazines for *decades*.

It is not your invention.

You are spamming the group. This post has nothing to do with advanced techniques. Do not make the same post it more than one place -- I suggest "sudoku variants".

You joined the forum YESTERDAY, have posted 7 times, spamming from area to area and presume to tell *us* what is and isn't proper.

Further, if I were to claim that I invented the bicycle, even after being told that bicycles already exist, what would you think of me? Why should we think different of you?

I won't be visiting your site.
tso

Postby evert » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:40 pm

all forums wrote:Moderators: None

I consider this the underlying problem.:(

at least as far as concerns the multi spam aspect...
evert

Postby Pappocom » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:54 pm

I have been very busy this week at the World Sudoku Champs and haven't had time to do a daily trawl through the Forums. Apologies. Should be OK from now on.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Advanced solving techniques