New and Need a few answers

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Postby correia » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi,

I just started to play the game and am quite intrigued with it, I have only been able to solve a few that come on the local paper, I have tried a couple of times playing online but seem to get stuck all the time.

Was wondering if there is some kind of strategy to playing the game, especially for the more difficult ones.

Would really appreciate any tips or clues. I have a couple of puzzles that I have been stuck on, and just can't seem to get it.

anxiously awaiting any help.
correia

Postby Hud » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:21 pm

I'm guessing that you simply use observation to solve your puzzles. After you get all the answers you can, you have to list the candidates in each cell. You might have to check out the SadMan Software Sudoku Techniques to learn the techniques used next. Good luck.
Hud

Postby Shazbot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:43 pm

These two websites have techniques from beginners to advanced, explained and illustrated. I printed them out and just worked through them in that order.

http://www.angusj.com/sudoku/hints.php
http://www.simes.clara.co.uk/programs/sudokutechniques.htm
Shazbot

Postby Crazy Girl » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:43 pm

correia,

For a overview of basic techniques check out the websites below, and if you are still stuck post your puzzle here along with your pencilmarks and someone will give you a hint:D

Simple Sudoku or SadMan Sudoku
Crazy Girl

Postby Cec » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:19 am

Hi correia,
To complement the above assistance, I would also suggest you read the procedures by clicking on here if you intend posting a puzzle to this forum.
Cec
Cec

Postby Cryptic » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:04 pm

hi,
When i first started to play (newspapers), i needed to put all the missing numbers next to each line and row, it took me a long time to fill in just one easy puzzle, but after a while ( about 30000 puzzles, just kidding) i got better, and i developed my own techniques. I think its also a possibility, learn by your self out to solve it.
Cryptic

Return to General