need help with puzzle 85367

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

need help with puzzle 85367

Postby ngalbraith » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:34 am

how do i show how far i have got on a particular puzzle so someone can help me get past where i am stuck? Is there a way of showing the puzzle and then inputting what numbers a person has got so far?
ngalbraith

Re: need help with puzzle 85367

Postby Cec » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:17 am

Yes. If you click on HERE the procedures are fully explained. Note particularly the suggested layout for posting the original puzzle and the stage you have reached, including the pencilmarks (also known as candidates)

Cec
Cec

Postby Crazy Girl » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:06 pm

ngalbraith,

If you tell us in which newspaper/publication you found the puzzle, it would help us know which puzzle you are having difficulty solving.

If you are stuck you could check out the links below, for some of the basic techniques we use in this forum.:)

http://www.angusj.com/sudoku/hints.php
http://www.simes.clara.co.uk/programs/sudokutechniques.htm
Crazy Girl

Postby Cec » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:19 am

ngalbraith wrote:how do i show how far i have got on a particular puzzle ...Is there a way of showing the puzzle and then inputting what numbers a person has got so far?

Crazy Girl wrote:"If you tell us in which newspaper/publication you found the puzzle...."

Hi Crazy Girl,
I could be wrong but I interpreted ngalbraith's request differently when posting my above reply.

When I looked at this thread again today my reply to ngalbraith seemed a bit "blunt" after reading your above reply. However after again reading ngalbraith's post my reply was so worded to explain how ngalbraith could post their puzzle - which is what I thought he/she asked - in order to request help. Certainly your follow-up suggested links should give ngalbraith a "head start" to learn techniques to help solve their puzzle. I hope I'm making sense here:?:
Cec
Cec

Postby Crazy Girl » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi Cec,
In response to your posts, since ngalbraith had not posted the grid he was stuck on between your first post and my first post in this thread, (a difference of 2 days). So I thought it a good idea to help him with new techniques that might solve this mystery puzzle, so he could post the puzzle and know what we mean when we say 'naked pair' or 'hidden triple'

Didn't mean to cause any confusion, only curious as to what tricks need to be used to solve puzzle 85367.:)

ngalbraith, could you post the puzzle please.
Crazy Girl

Postby Cec » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:00 pm

Crazy Girl wrote:
"..Didn't mean to cause any confusion.."

Hi Crazy Girl,

No problem and I did overlook the two-day gap between our two posts.
No doubt there are a number of reasons why some people don't reply to our suggestions for help and I do wonder about this at times. Being a first-time poster it's possible ngalbraith didn't understand my initial suggested procedure for posting their puzzle and was reluctant to ask again for help.
Cec
Cec

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques