My very first sudoku

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

My very first sudoku

Postby Shazbot » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:48 am

So I've been playing the game on and off for a couple of months and learned some basic techniques, but like all things, the method of CREATING these puzzles has proved (proven?) more tempting than solving them. Working from the sections of Nikoli that I could actually follow, after several days and MANY attempts with pen(cil) and paper and Excel, I've FINALLY created my VERY FIRST sudoku puzzle! I'm so pleased I could burst!

Pappocom Sudoku rates this one as easy (there's a big surprise - well you have to start somewhere I guess) - what do you think?

Code: Select all
7 3 .|. . .|. . 4
. . .|. 9 6|. . 3
. . 9|. . 1|2 . .
-----+-----+-----
. 1 6|. 5 .|. . .
. 5 .|1 . 3|. 9 .
. . .|. 2 .|5 3 .
-----+-----+-----
. . 3|7 . .|4 . .
8 . .|2 3 .|. . .
4 . .|. . .|. 7 6

Perhaps one of you experts could tell me if there's only a single solution to this puzzle or several? I have no idea how to tell!
Shazbot

Re: My very first sudoku

Postby gfroyle » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:40 pm

shazbot wrote:Perhaps one of you experts could tell me if there's only a single solution to this puzzle or several? I have no idea how to tell!

Just one.. it's a valid Sudoku..

Gordon
gfroyle

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:13 pm

I took the liberty of actually doing this puzzle - an unprecendented 3rd puzzle in the one day! - and enjoyed it immensely. It was well balanced, logical and a pleasure to do. I agree that it was an easy one but no less enjoyable for that.

I'd say that was a major achievement Shazbot, well done:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Congratulations

Postby andrea » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:26 pm

Well done for a good fun puzzle that actually works! Any more in the pipeline?
andrea

Postby Shazbot » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:54 pm

thanks guys - I was pretty chuffed with it, but it only took me a couple of minutes to solve, so I KNEW it was a really easy one! Am glad there's only one solution. Yes, I'll probably play around and try to create a few more by hand - work my way towards something a little more difficult. Is this the correct place to post them?
Shazbot

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:01 am

shazbot wrote:Yes, I'll probably play around and try to create a few more by hand - work my way towards something a little more difficult. Is this the correct place to post them?

Absolutely.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby andrea » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:52 am

Keep them coming - gladly do some gunea pigging (spelling?)
andrea

Return to General