My Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

My Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies

Postby 200e200w » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello all,

Here is some info about my Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies that I post daily in the 'Puzzles' forum.

Nightmares are very hard puzzles (ER ranging from 7.1 to 8.1). They require full arsenal of techniques, and usually they cannot be solved using a single non-basic technique, or they can be solved using a single non-basic technique, but the technique used is very complex, like Kraken. Basically, they are just like the old Ruud's Daily Nightmares.

One-Trick Ponies are almost as hard as Nightmares (ER ranging from 6.5 to 7.4). The major difference from Nightmares is the fact that they can be solved using a single non-basic technique. Basically, they are just like the old Ruud's Daily One-Trick Ponies.

That's all info about Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies. Enjoy solving!

200e200w
200e200w

Re: My Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies

Postby SpAce » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Awesome! I've been going through Ruud's archived Sunday Nightmares, and I love them. It's great to have someone continue the tradition, as that list is finite! Yet I probably won't be posting my solutions very often as I solve strictly with pencil-and-paper and it takes time and multiple steps. That style doesn't work well for quick and cool one-steppers. That's why I only solve puzzles of this level every now and then when I have enough time on my hands.
-SpAce-: Show
Code: Select all
        *        |=()=|    /  _  \    |=()=|               *
            *    |    |   |-=( )=-|   |    |      *
     *                     \  ¯  /                   *   

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi."
SpAce

Postby 200e200w » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Hello all!

From now, every Saturday, I will post also a Weekly Extreme puzzle (in addition to Nightmare and OTP). Weekly Extremes have the same one-step solving qualities as Nightmares, but have much higher SE rating (ranging from 8.2 to 9.4).
In addition to that, I decided also to change my source of puzzles. From Nightmare #62, OTP #20 and for all Weekly Extremes, the puzzles will come from Patterns Game Results thread.

200e200w
200e200w

Postby NicoleAngela » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 am

200e200w wrote:Hello all,

Here is some info about my Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies that I post daily in the 'Puzzles' forum.

Nightmares are very hard puzzles (ER ranging from 7.1 to 8.1). They require full arsenal of techniques, and usually they cannot be solved using a single non-basic technique, or they can be solved using a single non-basic technique, but the technique used is very complex, like Kraken. Basically, they are just like the old Ruud's Daily Nightmares.

One-Trick Ponies are almost as hard as Nightmares (ER ranging from 6.5 to 7.4). The major difference from Nightmares is the fact that they can be solved using a single non-basic technique. Basically, they are just like the old Ruud's Daily One-Trick Ponies.

That's all info about Nightmares and One-Trick Ponies. Enjoy solving!

200e200w

I am confused about your query.
NicoleAngela

Return to General