Loking for electronic sudoku with marking

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Loking for electronic sudoku with marking

Postby jer2911tx » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:31 pm

i've seen a ton of handheld electronic sudoku games, but are there any that allow you to mark possibilities in the grids?

i've come to rely on marking them up, even online sudoku i stick to the sites where i can mark up the grids.

anyone have any link to an electronic sudoku where you can mark up the grids with possibilities?

thanks
jer2911tx

Postby Boothy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi,
I have bought one from E-bay, ..
If you enter "electronic sudoku draft" , .... you'll find quite a few.
Hope that helps, ... otherwise, .. google.co.uk with similar search might help.
Boothy

Postby PaulIQ164 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:17 pm

I have one that sort of allows you to mark candidates, though they appear above the puzzle grid when you highlight a cell. All that's in the box is a weird kind of rune symbol created by showing bars on the LCD display that don't make a number. It's hard to explain, but it works alright. It's a black and red machine that I believe calls itself "Sudoku Genius".
PaulIQ164

Postby Boothy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:52 pm

I'm actually looking for a second hand-held, as one in the familly isn't enough. I'd like one with draft function as well as a back-light.
So if there are any other suggestions of a particular model, .. I'd much appreciate it too :O)
Boothy

Postby jer2911tx » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:40 pm

oh yes,
draft with backlight would be perfect.
if i find one, i'll post the model number
jer2911tx

Postby Boothy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:43 pm

Thanks jer2911tx,
I'd appreciate that .... as I'm sure would plenty of others :O)

... haha.... now who's helping who ????

Cheers.
Boothy

Postby frickindeal » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:21 pm

I registered just to post this.:D

How can one use a handheld without it displaying "candidates" (don't know if that's the term to use, that's what I learned to call them). You know, the traditional 1-9 in each cell. If you've ever played "Simple Sudoku" PC game, you know what I mean (brilliant game by the way, and free).

Isn't it impossible to use advanced techniques, or solve more difficult puzzles, without "candidates"?

I'd be willing to pay quite a bit (~$100) for a handheld with a nice big detailed backlit touchscreen LCD that shows candidates. Anyone know of one?
frickindeal

Postby PaulIQ164 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:20 am

Of course it probably is, but at any rate these machines don't produce puzzles that require 'advanced' techniques - they're mainstream machines that produce mainstream puzzles like you would get in the papers.
PaulIQ164

Postby Boothy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:18 pm

PaulIQ164 wrote:I have one that sort of allows you to mark candidates, though they appear above the puzzle grid when you highlight a cell. All that's in the box is a weird kind of rune symbol created by showing bars on the LCD display that don't make a number. It's hard to explain, but it works alright. It's a black and red machine that I believe calls itself "Sudoku Genius".

Hi Paul,
Yeh, ... the ''Rune'' symbols represents particular numbers by doing the following (if it's anything like mine)....

using parts of the digital figure 8, ...
1 = represented by a small bar at the very top of the square.
2 = rep' by a small vertical bar on the top left,
3 = a small dot in the centre of the square, next in line,
4 = by a small vertical line on the top far right,
5 = horizontal bar in the centre of the square.
etc, ... from top to bottom, and from left to right, .. all numbers 1 to 9.

yes?
Boothy

Postby deam3r » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:08 am

wow all cool!
deam3r

Return to General