Library help please !!

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Library help please !!

Postby tigger88 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:56 am

I am very new to this game it has only recently been in the newspapers in Australia. I have downloaded the library file but cannot work out how to run it with the program as the file extension is different. What am I doing wrong? Help please:!:
tigger88

Postby Pappocom » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:25 am

The instructions at the foot of theLibrary-download page, say this:

When you have downloaded the Library book (.sudbook file) to your computer, place it in the directory where your Sudoku library books are stored. If you don't know where that is, go to the File menu in the Sudoku program and select "Set Directories..." You will see the directory for Library books. That is where you should put the library book.

I guess the part at the end may need clarifying. Once you know the name of the directory where your Library book files should be placed, go into Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and move the Library book from the place to which you downloaded it to the Library book directory.

In fact, if you know the name of the Library book directory already, it would be best to download the Library book from the Internet straight into the Library book directory.

If you have never moved the Library book directory since you installed the Sudoku program, the directory will be called "Library" and it will be found in the same directory as your main program file (sud.exe) - and that is probably in C:\Program Files\Pappocom\Sudoku.

The Library book has the ".sudbook" extension. If at any stage it gets changed (e.g., to ".xml"), change the extension back to ".sudbook".

Does any of that help?

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby tigger88 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:04 am

Thank you Wayne yes that does help. I had already moved the time trial to the library folder, but when I want to open it, it is asking me which program to open it with!
Sorry to be so dumb:(
tigger88

Postby Pappocom » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:42 am

I'm not clear if you are still needing help or whether you have got it sorted out.

Once you've put the Library book in the Library, you don't touch it or open it again, directly - the Sudoku program opens it and takes care of it after that.

Within the Sudoku program, you open the Library book by clicking on the Library icon, or by selecting "Library..." from the File menu, or by pressing F3.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby tigger88 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:22 am

Thank you very much for your help, it has finally sunk into this brain of mine!!:D
tigger88

Reliability

Postby basin446 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:25 am

Does it work all the time for you?:?
basin446

Return to Software