Liberating freedom

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Liberating freedom

Postby kurbads » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Guys, I do not know if your efforts paid off but I finally understood the fishes.

If N can only be in 2 places in 2 columns and 2 of the 4 locations happen to be on the same row, no other Ns can be on the same row. Logically!!!

Same with the finned fish. Either fish is right or the fin is right but if the two on the same row, are, then no other Ns can be on the same row.

I am cracking these now like pistachios. It took me nearly a year to drive in though.

Probably the problem with willing to help was that nobody could understand what exactly I do not understand about it.

It was that the 4 of them had to be the only ones on the row or column. I just had not fully paid attention to the premise.

Darn, if I cracked this before I went to university, I may have got somewhere there...

Because I hated all those problems in mathematics and definitions of e.g. movement of point in 3d space in physics. Which I could grasp for a moment but then never understand if I got it or not.

But now at 47, where will I go with this love to maths.

Sudoku has properly taught me how to overcome annoyance with my failure in understanding and the desperation and has shown the path to the joy of understanding. And there is not other thing in the world worth living for. The joy.
kurbads

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques