Learning Sudoku Techniques

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Learning Sudoku Techniques

Postby pat1il » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:40 am

I have developed a web site dedicated to helping people learn how to play sudoku. It has specially designed puzzles to focus on individual techniques and a graphical hint interface to aid people that get stumped.

It provides specific lesson plans for Hidden Singles/Naked Singles, Block and Row/Column interactions, Block and Block interactions, Naked Subsets, Hidden Subsets, XY Wings, X-Wings, Swordfish, Coloring and Forcing Chains. It does not cover all techniques but hopefully will get new players up to speed on the somewhat advanced techniques.

I would appreciate feedback as to whether anyone finds this type of web site useful. The web site is [url]sudokulearningcenter.com[/url]

Regards
Pat
pat1il

Postby hrcjcr » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:16 am

Very good explanations on the different techniques.
I have for the most part jumped from subsets to forcing chains on more difficult puzzles. I have not used some of the other techniques due to previous poor explanation. Well done.

On a side note, the keypad doesn't always appear after clicking on the keypad button. Usually after skipping from one lesson to another.
hrcjcr

Feedback Welcome

Postby pat1il » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:00 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I will look into why the Keypad does not always show up.

If you have any suggestions on the explanations of the various techniques or the layout of the lessons, I would appreciate feedback.

Regards
Pat
www.sudokulearningcenter.com
pat1il

Return to Advanced solving techniques