Laser-beam puzzle games

For fans of all other kinds of logic puzzles

Laser-beam puzzle games

Postby robert@fm » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:39 pm

There are a few games around (including at least one old MS-DOS one) of the "bounce the laser beam(s) around to hit the target(s)" variety; to my mind the best one (that I know of) is Chromatron from Silver Spaceship Software, for 32-bit Windows and for Mac. The first part of the tetralogy is free; the others (if ordered together) are just $20, and I recently bought them and even with PayPal adding another $3 to the cost and the British Government adding another $3.50 on top of that, the total was still under £15.

The Chromatron page and the forum together probably link to all the other games of this type (all five or six of them) still in existence.
robert@fm

Postby Sabreman64 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:00 pm

That game looks similar to a very old video game called Deflektor by Gremlin Graphics.
Sabreman64

Postby robert@fm » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Sabreman64 wrote:That game looks similar to a very old video game called Deflektor by Gremlin Graphics.

Thanks -- I've just downloaded that from WoS and will check it out.

Is your username anything to do with Sabre Wulf by any chance?:)
robert@fm

Postby Sabreman64 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:22 pm

:DIt is, yes. I based my name on the hero of games such as Sabre Wulf, Underwurlde and Knight Lore.

I notice that Rare/Ultimate is one of the few developers that have denied distribution of their old Speccy games. Good thing I've still got a working Speccy and the Ultimate games. (I never did manage to complete Knight Lore or Alien 8 without infinite lives POKEs.....)
Sabreman64

Postby robert@fm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:21 am

RetroSpec have a remake of Deflektor available for download.
robert@fm

Return to Other logic puzzles