Kakuro puzzle - test solvers wanted!

For fans of Kakuro

Kakuro puzzle - test solvers wanted!

Postby Mathimagics » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:01 am

This puzzle is the first to come out of my newly rebuilt Kakuro generator. It is intended to be relatively easy, and my solver indicates that it is so. With no run lengths of more than 7, that should justify an "easy" rating.

Please try it out! I'd appreciate any feedback. 8-)

KT1414_T010_PS.jpg
KT1414_T010_PS.jpg (136.35 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
Mathimagics
2017 Supporter

Re: Kakuro puzzle - test solvers wanted!

Postby Smythe Dakota » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:49 am

I can't get it to print. If I click on it so that the entire puzzle is on the screen, none of it prints. If I click it back so that only the top half is on the screen, only the top half prints.

It also doesn't seem possible to fill in the digits on the screen.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Printing problems

Postby Mathimagics » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi Bill

All the images I post should be printer-friendly (albeit print-only) JPG file. They are designed to be printable on a single page "as is".

On Windows: right-click on the image (in the forum) and select "Save image as", then open the saved file with Paint - if Paint is your default image editor then just right-click in Explorer and choose Edit from the context menu.

To print - first enter Page Setup (from the File menu), and make sure the Scaling option is "Actual size". Then set the orientation and centering options. If the image preview doesn't show it comfortably within the page, check the Margin settings, they may be excessively large (the default values typically are).

This procedure should have an analogue on any system.

Hope this helps! 8-)
Mathimagics
2017 Supporter

Return to Kakuro