Kakuro Pro

For fans of Kakuro

Kakuro Pro

Postby Damien » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Here r a couple of kakuro puzzles that i've made. Their a twist on the standard varient as they use all 4 operators, +, -, x and /(divide).

http://postimg.org/image/4kbpcopo1/

Damien
Damien

Re: Kakuro Pro

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Interesting concept! And the puzzles, though small, are still difficult enough to be interesting.

I need a clarification, though. When the operator is addition or multiplication, the meaning is obvious. When the operator is subtraction, and there are only two digits, apparently either digit (not just the leftmost or uppermost) can be the larger.

But when the operator is subtraction, and there are four digits, does it mean A - B - C - D (which is the same thing as A-(B+C+D)), or are you also allowed to use parentheses, as in A - B - (C - D) ? If the latter is allowed, then your first puzzle has two solutions, because the 4-digit vertical word on the left could also be 6,7,2,1 since 6 - 7 - (1 - 2) comes out zero, as demanded by the clue.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby Damien » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm

To clarify it’s A -(B +C +D)
Damien

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:32 pm

And any digit is allowed to be the A, correct? -- not just the topmost or bottommost (or leftmost or rightmost).

For example, if the difference is to be zero (as in this case), that means that one of them (any one) must be the sum of the other three, true?

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby Damien » Mon May 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I have just found out that this variant has been done before under the name of Kenkuro. Here’s the link if ur interested.

http://www.djape.net/kakuro-and-kenkuro-book/

Damien
Damien

Return to Kakuro