Is this a new technique?

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Postby RobO » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Don,

It seems that the graphics have gone missing from that thread. Anything you can do to resurrect them?
RobO
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 16 February 2009

Postby DonM » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:49 am

RobO wrote:Don,

It seems that the graphics have gone missing from that thread. Anything you can do to resurrect them?


Just checked and they're there as of now. May have been some sort of temporary glitch. Try again and let me know.
DonM
2013 Supporter
 
Posts: 475
Joined: 13 January 2008

Postby RobO » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:19 am

DonM wrote:
RobO wrote:Don,

It seems that the graphics have gone missing from that thread. Anything you can do to resurrect them?


Just checked and they're there as of now. May have been some sort of temporary glitch. Try again and let me know.


All graphics now visible. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. If someone points out an ALS elimination to me, then I'll be able to understand it (though I haven't looked at chains), but trying to find one from scratch on my own.... I'd have no chance. (Except, of course, where they're 'obvious' as in my original example.)

I would still say that there's room for a 'mid-range' technique with another name.
RobO
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 16 February 2009

Postby DonM » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 am

RobO wrote:
DonM wrote:
RobO wrote:Don,

It seems that the graphics have gone missing from that thread. Anything you can do to resurrect them?


Just checked and they're there as of now. May have been some sort of temporary glitch. Try again and let me know.


All graphics now visible. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. If someone points out an ALS elimination to me, then I'll be able to understand it (though I haven't looked at chains), but trying to find one from scratch on my own.... I'd have no chance. (Except, of course, where they're 'obvious' as in my original example.)

I would still say that there's room for a 'mid-range' technique with another name.


I'm not following that at all. The ALS Chain tutorial starts with a 2-set chain which is nothing more than an ALS-xz rule and it's a pretty simple example. Personally, I don't even remotely see room for a 'mid-range' technique.
DonM
2013 Supporter
 
Posts: 475
Joined: 13 January 2008

Previous

Return to Advanced solving techniques

cron