Is there a computer program?

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Is there a computer program?

Postby yalgaar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:51 pm

Can we write a computer program using Excel macro? Has somebody already done this?

I would like to write a macro or use a something which has already been written to help you solve a sudoku. I mean help you, not solve it for you.

I would like the program to tell you the exact next step for solving the sudoku. Sometimes we all have a point of brain lock and we miss to see the obvious. I would like program to tell the next step and tell us what logic it uses. i.e naked pair, hidden pai. etc etc.

Is there someting that already exist?

Thanks
yalgaar

Postby Pi » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:42 pm

I have written one but it is in the experimental stage

It can solve most puzzles i give it and i am writing in a brute force attack system to it.

It can also generate puzzles, check their ratings and improve difficulties of puzzles.

It is possible yes.

My spreadsheet contains over 1,000,000 formulae and so making it was complicated.

My advice to anyone trying to make one is MAKE SURE IT IS EFFICIENT
Pi

Postby yalgaar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:49 pm

Pi wrote:I have written one but it is in the experimental stage

It can solve most puzzles i give it and i am writing in a brute force attack system to it.

It can also generate puzzles, check their ratings and improve difficulties of puzzles.

It is possible yes.

My spreadsheet contains over 1,000,000 formulae and so making it was complicated.

My advice to anyone trying to make one is MAKE SURE IT IS EFFICIENT

Would you share it?
yalgaar

Postby tso » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:30 pm

Look here and here.
tso

Postby Animator » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:32 pm

There are already many solvers/helpers out there... Maybe they use something else then Excel macro but does that matter?

If you are interested in other solvers/helpers and/or if you want to continue discussing this then I would stronlgy advice you to take a look at the 'Solver programs' section of this forum.
Animator

Postby Pi » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:26 am

I will share mine when it is refined, currently thee are a lot of errors and the brute force macro doesn't work

This is the part of the macro that doesn't work

Code: Select all
IF [C5] = 0 Then

End Sub

Else

Macro3

Can anyone help
Pi

Postby Pi » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:15 pm

I have fixed that now.

Canb someone please give me a puzzle with 2 or 3 solutions to test it with?
Pi

Return to Software