Interested young journalist.

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Interested young journalist.

Postby rudie213 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:32 am

Hello everyone, i have just recently been commisioned to write an article and make a short two minute treatment for television about Suduko game players. I thought is was just a small puzzle found in the Telegraph but am plesently surprised as how interactive Suduko is. The swapping of ideas on how to solve the puzzle. i would like to know more about Suduko. If anyone reading this can tell me why is Suduko so different and popular from other puzzles out there? Where did it orginate from? Are there any Suduko championships etc. Who's the best Suduko solver of all time? Whats his/her strategy? Is it a family puzzle? DO you feel it can be or should be incorporated into school curriculumn. Making children good problem solvers. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

my contact if anyone wish's to email me personally is Rudie213@hotmail.com.
rudie213

Postby Frenchie » Tue May 03, 2005 12:11 pm

I am new to the game (since early 2005) but I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoy it and often play it in the evening with my partner; my niece who lives with us and is 17 also plays it at times and often with my help or that of my partner. I believe Su-Doku originates from Japan where it is very popular. My partner discovered the game a few years back since she had a Japanese flatmate (we still have original Japanese grids). Could it be used in class? Certainly. It helps the mind carry out deductive sequences, sometimes with IF/ELSE iterations (well that is how I play at least!).
Frenchie

Return to General