I need help

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

I need help

Postby coyote56 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:26 pm

Greetings to all
I'm an average sudoku player and thanks to your forum I'm making a lot of progress, but I have a thousand doubts and a couple of questions if you want to help me.
I ask if there is a sudoku generator a la carte, that is, if I want to practice with some particular strategies, generate sudoku of those strategies (I repeat this until I learn). I have searched in the “programs” section but I am late, almost all of them, error 404 or does not exist.
Another question is if there is any program where you put a sudoku and show, before starting, the necessary strategies to solve it. So I know what I'm up against.
Lastly, I have a lot of sudoku puzzles in txt format and would like to know if they can be converted to other formats like sdm that some solvers support.
Thank you very much for your attention and apologies if there is something wrong, I have used the Google translator.
coyote56

Re: I need help

Postby yzfwsf » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:45 pm

You can take a look at Hodoku and my solver YZF_Sudoku, both can meet your requirements.
yzfwsf

Postby denis_berthier » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:21 am

Hi coyote56,
Welcome on the forum.
coyote56 wrote:Another question is if there is any program where you put a sudoku and show, before starting, the necessary strategies to solve it. So I know what I'm up against.

That's very unlikely, because no "strategy" (I guess you mean "resolution rule") is ever necessary. A puzzle almost always has lots of different resolution paths, possibly involving very different rules.
A basic example is Subsets. Almost any Subset could be replaced by a chain. This is generally not done, because Subsets look better; but the possibility remains.

The best you can hope is the solver to tell you in advance which of its own rules can be used to solve the puzzle (in the best case, only among those you have preselected).
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby coyote56 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Hello again
Many thanks to yzfwsf for his good program, I'm sure it will be very helpful.

Thanks to denis_berthier for his advice and guidance, it is clear that I still have a lot to learn, but with dedication on my part and your patience and good knowledge, I think I will succeed.
And everyone, thank you once again.
coyote56

Postby Mauriès Robert » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:03 pm

Hi coyote56,
coyote56 wrote:Another question is if there is any program where you put a sudoku and show, before starting, the necessary strategies to solve it. So I know what I'm up against.

I suggest you try Phil's solver ( http://www.philsfolly.net.au ) which allows you to check if a strategy applies to a puzzle. You enter your puzzle and you choose the technique, for example a fish, the solver gives you the result.
Robert
Mauriès Robert

Postby coyote56 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:17 pm

Hello Mauriés Robert for helping me.
I have seen the solver you recommend and it is very interesting. It will surely help me a lot. Thank you very much. Until now I only used the one offered by my colleague YZfwsf, very good by the way. I have also verified that depending on which solver, when analyzing a board, it shows you different paths or strategies for the same sudoku. Interesting. That's why I look for some other solver to make comparisons between the different paths and find the route that best suits my progress, which thanks to all of you is going at a good pace. Now I am practicing and trying to get a good understanding of ALS in all its variants by doing a lot of exercises.
I repeat all my thanks to you, to YZfwsf and to all those who selflessly put their knowledge here so that we can learn.
Would anyone know of some sort of manual, document, etc. that in the manner of a textbook, it would teach the techniques clearly and with examples? Perhaps you are asking too much.
Greetings
coyote56

Postby coyote56 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:20 pm

The above translation is not very good. Sorry, I used the system translator from Spanish to English.
coyote56

I need help

Postby Yogi » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:13 am

If you haven’t already, I would recommend you look at the YouTube videos of Sudoku Swami. He’s very good at explaining things.
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Postby ghfick » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:22 pm

I agree with Yogi. The videos by Sudoku Swami are very thorough and meticulous. He includes a large number of examples with each introduced technique.

sudokuswami.com/

I can also recommend the book by Andrew Stuart 'The Logic Of Sudoku'. Andrew wrote this book in 2007. Many advances have been made in the intervening years so some parts of the book are a little dated. It does not matter. The book is very well written and he has a friendly playful writing style.

www.sudokuwiki.org/The_Logic_of_Sudoku
ghfick

Postby Mauriès Robert » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:42 pm

Hi coyote56,
You can also see the technical documentation of HODOKU: http://hodoku.sourceforge.net/en/techniques.php
You can also see https://www.sudocue.net/guide.php
Sincerely
Robert
Mauriès Robert

Postby coyote56 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:31 pm

Yogi, gfick and Mauries Robert
Very grateful for your advice and links to continue learning techniques. The requested book and very clear websites. I'm going to become a phenomenon in this subject (dreaming is free).
Thanks once again.
coyote56

Postby coyote56 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:48 pm

Hello again
Greetings to all
I'm already making progress, thank you very much.
When using Sukaku Explainer I see that it exports boards in txt with the command "copy line 81", can it also import them?
Is there any order to look for techniques when solving a sudoku?. If so, what would it be?
Thanks
coyote56

Postby 1to9only » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:14 pm

coyote56 wrote:When using Sukaku Explainer I see that it exports boards in txt with the command "copy line 81", can it also import them?

SukakuExplainer is able to load many of common sudoku formats seen on the web.
See: https://github.com/SudokuMonster/SukakuExplainer/wiki/Vanilla-sudoku-grids-(several-formats)-for-testing

coyote56 wrote:Is there any order to look for techniques when solving a sudoku?. If so, what would it be?

Sukaku Explainer solves in this order: https://github.com/SudokuMonster/SukakuExplainer/wiki/Difficulty-Ratings-in-Sukaku-Explainer-v1.17.8
1to9only

Postby coyote56 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:56 am

1to9only
Very grateful for the information.
coyote56

Postby coyote56 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:27 am

Good Morning
I am reviewing all the documentation that you have had for many years, and I have found a topic of "Reverse Sudoku Generator" from the year 2006 where the colleague "coloin" recommends the generator (http://magictour.free.fr/suex9s .exe). I have downloaded the program suex9s.exe, but it tells me that it cannot run the program on the computer (Windows 10). I follow the instructions but there is no way.
Any ideas to get it?
When he says: type C:\folder> suex9s <file.txt> seed…..etc Should I type it in the windows console or somewhere else?.
With this generator, can I choose the degree of difficulty of the Sudoku puzzles?
Thank you very much for your attention and your time.
coyote56

Next

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques