I'm new member.

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

I'm new member.

Postby Monaila » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi everyone,

This is Christy. Nice to meet you. By the way, I'm new member. I learn about Su Doku. First, I saw the book shop about Su Doku, but i was curious. Also, I took two books from dummies and other new york book with su doku. I read it but not understand it. And then, I figure out since three months now. Second, I look the websites on www.sudoku.com for helping with solve. I read all through it. The X puts with numbers and it helps me alot. Now, I got to understand it on last Monday. It is not bad. I take more Su Doku from Washington Post Newspaper. Now, I can do it.

By the way, I am deaf person.
Monaila

Postby Bigtone53 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Christy,

Welcome to Sudoku. I hope that you find it is fun as I do, without it taking over your working life!

It seems to be possible to get up to Masters standard with the theory of Sudoku but if you are new to it, you may find it helpful to look at the last 6 or so of the postings in the 'Help with Particular Puzzles' section of the site. Many beginners post there and there are numerous connections in the responses to various sites that explain the basic and the not so basic techniques of Sudoku.

Good Luck!
Bigtone53

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Hello Christy and welcome to the site and to Sudoku.

Don't worry about being confused, we all were at some point and some of us still are!:D

Well done on sticking with it and as Bigtone says check out the 'Help with Particular Puzzles' section for more advice. Don't be afraid to ask a question if anything is not clear to you though, we all have 'stuck' moments when we need help.

I hope you enjoy the Forum and continue to enjoy Sudoku.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Monaila » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Thank you for participate. Yes, I will do it.

Christy
Monaila

Postby Monaila » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:32 pm

All right... I take the Medium for more than five hours. However, I'm struggle with it.

Christy
Monaila

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:16 pm

If you post the puzzle, where you are stuck, someone will be able to help with it.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Monaila » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:13 am

Okay, It is hard to me. It's from washington post on Feb 2, 2006. It's medium with #72.

_ 8 9 ** 2 5 3 ** 7 6 1
7 _ _ ** 9 1 8 ** _ 2 _
2 _ _ ** 6 _ 7 ** 9 _ 8

_ 2 _ ** 7 3 _ ** 8 _ 9
_ _ 7 ** 8 9 _ ** 2 _ _
8 9 _ ** 5 2 _ ** 6 1 7

4 7 8 ** 3 6 5 ** 1 9 2
9 _ _ ** 4 8 2 ** 3 7 6
6 3 2 ** 1 7 9 ** 4 8 5

I'm struggle with 4 A 1 square. but it's block from other b1 and c1 square.

Christy
Monaila

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:06 am

First of all don't worry about getting stuck.

Secondly, while I'm figuring out how to help you, have a look at this (click on the blue writing) : Standard Terminology

It's just so that you know what I'm talking about when I do give you some help:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:35 am

This isn't a valid puzzle so can you check that you input the numbers correctly? Or input the original puzzle?

Thanks

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Monaila » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:37 pm

By the way, I'm deaf person.

Christy:D
Monaila

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:14 pm

Yes, you are right, I should have put 'what I'm writing about'.

Anyway, can you input the original puzzle and I'll have a go at that?

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

im new too

Postby toweljedi » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:52 pm

I'm new too, first time playing sudoku was from a sudoku book from half price books a couple of days ago, that book was INCREDIBLY easy, then i got the contest on this site like the day after i got the book and at first was stumped, but quickly found out greater strategies then my previous ones(the contest was the first time that i did any pencilmarking) all on my own. like heres my newest:

say you have somethin like this for the top row:

/ 2 _ 5 / _ 4 _ / 9 8 6 /
/ _ _ 6 / 8 _ 7 / _ _ _ /
/ 3 7 _ / _ 6 _ / _ 2 4 /

from this i can easily find that the third 2 goes at r2c5 because there has to be one in each bow and one in each row, so each box in a row of boxes has to have the same number in 3 different rows of cells.(by the way, i just came up with this on the spot as a demonstration, i could of left out all the other numbers)

btw, im on my second try on the contest, I messed up with lots of 7's or something, but ill try not to mess up this time:)
toweljedi

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques