I don't understand this.

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Postby Gee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 am

Thanks Glyn. That was what I assumed you meant. So I guess the rest of my assumptions were correct. I will follow your advice about posting here on "closed" puzzles rather than Eureka. Again, many thanks for your help.
Gee

Postby DonM » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 am

Gee wrote:I do sincerely apologize to the group and especially donM and ttt for my posting an “open” puzzle. I knew the deadline for posting was midnight the following Saturday. It never occurred to me that I should wait before posting a problem to an “open’ puzzle. It will never happen again and thank you for letting me know. I will try to locate the Eureka Forum and use it. These “extreme” puzzles do cause me problems. Some I solve….some I don’t. In this case I ran it through Scanraid and didn’t understand their explanation for the elimination. Again, I am sorry.

Gee, don't worry about it. Discussing an isolated part of the puzzle as was done here is not that big a deal. Myth posted one about #111 last week. And, in fact, I may put up an example relating to an opening move on this puzzle for other reasons. However, probably best to not post output from solvers such as Scanraid or other solver output and I was more concerned that someone was going to post more strategic solutions to further parts of the puzzle if they didn't know that this was one of the weekly Extremes. ttt & I (and a few others) who solve these things don't take part in the ladder system over there, but in deference to them we don't post the solution or critical parts of the solution until after the deadline.
DonM
2013 Supporter

re: midnight

Postby Pat » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:56 pm

DonM wrote:it isn't supposed to be discussed until the deadline of Saturday midnight eastern U.S. time.

one thing i can never get straight is,
does "Saturday midnight" mean 0 hours (start of Saturday) or 24 hours (end of Saturday)
    though i'm sure it's obvious to everyone else
Pat

Previous

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques