I beat SudoKu

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

I beat SudoKu

Postby Papy Jhon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 am

I found a method to generate all the Sudoku problems and find a method to solve all in a second

My software make a precalcul since 10 mn (but I can save the rresult for the next execution and generate all combinations
There is more than 5 000 000 000 of combinations: I can ggive you 10 000 000 000 if you want

The code is in Delphi (600 lines)

Give me problems (a lot) and I give you the answer

To have à UNIQUE probleme you have to give 72 numbers
and only at this time you havea unique possibility to win after yo have
a lot of solution for a pb!

Vive la France !!!!
Papy Jhon

Postby TKiel » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:33 pm

If I understood your post correctly, most people using this forum don't just want the answer, they want to know the logical steps needed to take to arrive at the answer.

Tracy
TKiel

Re: I beat SudoKu

Postby Jeff » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:47 pm

Papy Jhon wrote:To have à UNIQUE probleme you have to give 72 numbers

Hi Papy Jhon, Sorry to say this, but I have problem understanding your post. Do you mean you need puzzles with 72 clues to start with?
Jeff

Postby eclark » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:16 pm

There are a lot of solvers around that will solve any puzzle with a unique solution. Check http://www.setbb.com/phpbb/index.php&mforum=sudoku

The sudoku programmers forum. There are quite a few of us there that have solvers/generators.

I have a c solver that is ~150 lines that uses depth first searching and will give you every possible answer.

As for the 72 numbers ... I'm not sure what you mean. 17 is currently beleived to be the minimum number of numbers required to define a unique solution.

If you need help with your solver give a shout at the programmers forum.
eclark

Postby Chessmaster » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:50 pm

TKiel wrote:If I understood your post correctly, most people using this forum don't just want the answer, they want to know the logical steps needed to take to arrive at the answer.

Tracy

true, if you just get the answer it would take all the fun out of solving the puzzle.
Chessmaster

Postby TKiel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:05 am

Chessmaster wrote:
true, if you just get the answer it would take all the fun out of solving the puzzle.

Heck, you might as well just look in the back of the book.

Tracy
TKiel

Postby qwijibow » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm

The code is in Delphi (600 lines)

Thats alot !!!

The solver component of my cross platform multi-threaded sudoku application is only 200 lines.

written in c++.

If i removed the cross platform and multi-thread abilities, i could probably make it much shorter.

The whole application, with its setter component, Graphical user interface, game mode, cross platform and multi-threaded architechture is only about 500 lines.
qwijibow

Return to Software