How much time?

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

How much time?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:48 pm

Hello all
honestly I cannot do these puzzles...the numbers look to much at the end of the day and my idea of relaxing is not thinking.

However I have to add that my other half is intent on solving these puzzles and drives me insane with endless scribbling, sighing and asking me to buy the Times paper on my lunch break!

He spends hours on it while id rather watch a movie with him -he cant be torn away!
I think this is the new deal-breaker, me or the puzzle.

And you know what... I think he'd choose the puzzle-its more complicated!

Have fun and remember your other halfs!

A happy but disgruntled gal.

Using letters instead of numbers

Postby Pappocom » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Hi Kelly. Wouldn't want Sudoku to be the cause of domestic strife!

Tell him to pace himself. If that doesn't work, you might just have to join him. If it's the numbers that put you off - and a lot of people are genuinely put off by numbers - you could play with letters instead.

The Sudoku program lets you switch from numbers to letters, and back again. It's the same puzzle, just played with letters.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Re: How much time?

Postby Sparrow » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:37 pm

Kelly wrote:He spends hours on it while id rather watch a movie with him -he cant be torn away!
I think this is the new deal-breaker, me or the puzzle.

Perhaps when he has his system worked out he will be abit more responsive to you ! In the meantime all I can say is that I cut Sudoku out of the back page of T2 and give my other half the crossword. He is much better at crosswords than me, and this way we are both happily occupied ignoring the TV.
Sparrow

Ignoring family members

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:35 pm

I have to own up to a bit of this ignoring myself. Then again, I am on the receiving end of the same treatment when things are going well for my father so it all works out in the end.

As it turns out he was forced to give up doing all levels of Sudoku as a result of giving himself nightmares - literally, he ended up dreaming about empty cells and had to fill them in correctly before he could get his leg straight (it was a nightmare, remember) and go back to sleep - on two separate occasions, so he decided to go back to the crossword.

Generally speaking, it takes me days if not hours to do the Fiendish puzzles so I do have breaks and pace myself, other wise I'd go cross-eyed!

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:25 am

I know that I can't put anything away half finished, so I only attempt the fiendishers when I have nothing in front of me. Usually I don't need more than a couple of hours, but if I only have half an hour free, I have to leave it be!

Camping is perfect solving style!

Return to General