HoDoKu

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Re: HoDoKu

Postby hobiwan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 am

Hi SudoQ,

"difficulty" varies so much between players, that I dont think it would be possible to find a solution that suits everyone. I would recommend redefining Unfair so that the result works for you.
hobiwan
2012 Supporter

Version 2.1.2

Postby hobiwan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Version 2.1.2 is now out. It is a maintenance release that fixes the backdoor search and some conditions in which exceptions were thrown in batch mode. A few GUI tweaks are included as well. For a complete list see http://hodoku.sourceforge.net/changelog.php.
hobiwan
2012 Supporter

Postby daj95376 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 pm

I downloaded the .msi file and it installed a hodoku.exe that my Windows XP system refuses to load/execute.

Note: I did not use the default folder.
daj95376
2014 Supporter

Postby hobiwan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 am

Do you get an error message?
hobiwan
2012 Supporter

Postby daj95376 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:07 pm

hobiwan wrote:Do you get an error message?

No. I double-click on the icon and it appears to start loading ... and then ... nothing.

I just now tried a second installation after deleting the previous version of hodoku.exe. It seems to be okay now.

Note: the "new" icon on the desktop doesn't properly identify the folder, but my "old" icon properly identifies the folder ... and now loads the program.
daj95376
2014 Supporter

Error in version 2.1.2

Postby hobiwan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 am

Version 2.1.2 of HoDoKu contains a bug, that prevents the program from starting, if no default config file hodoku.hcfg is present in the users temp directory. I have removed version 2.1.2 from the download area. A fixed version 2.1.3 will be available in about 12 hours.

:oops: I am sorry for your inconvenience! :oops:
hobiwan
2012 Supporter

Version 2.1.3

Postby hobiwan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Version 2.1.3 is now available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hodoku/. The startup problem has been addressed (well, at least I hope so...)
hobiwan
2012 Supporter

Postby hobiwan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Version 2.2 of HoDoKu is now available at Sourceforge. It contains lots of bug fixes and a few new UI features e.g.:

ColorKu mode (play with colors instead of digits)
    Adjustable font size for the whole program (including menus and dialogs) - especially useful for visually impaired users or for large monitors
    Write/read sudokus in several text file formats - including SimpleSudokus ss files
    Improved mouse handling - playing using the mouse should be much smoother now, especially with alternate mouse mode
    More options to control the display of the sudoku

The user manual has been updated to reflect all changes.

I got many complaints, that the gap between "hard" and "unfair" was too big, so I reduced the default maximum ratings for those two levels. This can have side effects when you use your own solver configurations.

Have fun!
hobiwan
2012 Supporter

Postby JeJ » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 am

I hadn't been on the forum in quite a while and today I returned to find the pleasant surprise that Hodoku had been updated big time. Thanks a lot for that.

I have a question. I play Hodoku in my company laptop where you can't install anything not allowed by the administrator. I use version 2.0.1. Build 1 that since is stand alone you can run it and play it without problem. So what is the lattest version that worked like that (stand alone)? I would like to download it and play with it.

P.S. While I wrote this I gave the new version a try and wow the user interface is much better, still I would like a Congratulations you won! or something like that sign when I finish a game.
JeJ

Previous

Return to Software