Hi!

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Hi!

Postby Havard » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:25 pm

I have not given sudoku any thought for many years, but I stubled upon a YouTube video explaning Skyscrapers, 2-String Kites and Empty Rectangles and got hit by nostaligia. :)

Sudoku-science complete took over my life back in 2005-2007 when I was supposed to write a master-thesis in Musicology...

Finding the worlds 3 first minimal 39 clue sudokus got some attention from the media, with the result that I was invited to give a talk about it at the (at the time) arguably coolest tech company in Norway, Tandberg.

After the talk I got offered a job, and a completely new career-path was born.

Going through being acquired by Cisco on 2010, I was part of a group of 10 that left the company in 2012 and started Pexip.

And only 2 weeks ago Pexip got listed on the Oslo stock-exchange, and are headed for world domination :)

But it all started here for me.

Thank you!

Havard
Havard

Re: Hi!

Postby coloin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi harvard glad you have done well with that 39C puzzle !
Incidently I have still B-testing your Sudoku Architect program ... was tempted to share in the software section ... but didnt
coloin

Postby Mathimagics » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Oslo has a stock exchange! :o

Greetings, Havard ... did you know that dobrichev has since found 40-clue cases?
Mathimagics
2017 Supporter

Postby tarek » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:42 am

Well done Havard …

Great to hear from you and also great to see that Sudoku had a positive impact on you

Best wishes with all you endeavours!!!

tarek
tarek

Postby StrmCkr » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 am

I still have a copy as well, was debating on advancing it further but got aide tracked with my own, the tool i like the most is the easy grid transformations although it lacks a direct transpose (or diagonal reflection) still a handy tool just for these functions.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
stormdoku
StrmCkr

Postby coloin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Yes ! Sudoku Architect does lack the diagonal transpose ....one cant have everything I suppose - but it does swap the rows,columns,bands and the numbers very neatly !
The isomorph filter , by combining .txt files is exceptionally reliable.
coloin

Postby StrmCkr » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:06 am

Intresting didnt even know it did that.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
stormdoku
StrmCkr

Postby enxio27 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:50 pm

Well hello, there, stranger! Welcome back! I'm in and out myself, as you can see from the delay in my reply. The story of the turn in your career path is fascinating! I hope you will at least pop in here from time to time in the future.
enxio27

Return to General