Hi!

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Hi!

Postby Havard » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:25 pm

I have not given sudoku any thought for many years, but I stubled upon a YouTube video explaning Skyscrapers, 2-String Kites and Empty Rectangles and got hit by nostaligia. :)

Sudoku-science complete took over my life back in 2005-2007 when I was supposed to write a master-thesis in Musicology...

Finding the worlds 3 first minimal 39 clue sudokus got some attention from the media, with the result that I was invited to give a talk about it at the (at the time) arguably coolest tech company in Norway, Tandberg.

After the talk I got offered a job, and a completely new career-path was born.

Going through being acquired by Cisco on 2010, I was part of a group of 10 that left the company in 2012 and started Pexip.

And only 2 weeks ago Pexip got listed on the Oslo stock-exchange, and are headed for world domination :)

But it all started here for me.

Thank you!

Havard
Havard

Re: Hi!

Postby coloin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi harvard glad you have done well with that 39C puzzle !
Incidently I have still B-testing your Sudoku Architect program ... was tempted to share in the software section ... but didnt
coloin

Postby Mathimagics » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Oslo has a stock exchange! :o

Greetings, Havard ... did you know that dobrichev has since found 40-clue cases?
Mathimagics
2017 Supporter

Postby tarek » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:42 am

Well done Havard …

Great to hear from you and also great to see that Sudoku had a positive impact on you

Best wishes with all you endeavours!!!

tarek
tarek

Postby StrmCkr » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 am

I still have a copy as well, was debating on advancing it further but got aide tracked with my own, the tool i like the most is the easy grid transformations although it lacks a direct transpose (or diagonal reflection) still a handy tool just for these functions.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
StrmCkr

Postby coloin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Yes ! Sudoku Architect does lack the diagonal transpose ....one cant have everything I suppose - but it does swap the rows,columns,bands and the numbers very neatly !
The isomorph filter , by combining .txt files is exceptionally reliable.
coloin

Postby StrmCkr » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:06 am

Intresting didnt even know it did that.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
StrmCkr

Return to General