Help with hard puzzle and general logic question

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Help with hard puzzle and general logic question

Postby philtronic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 am

Hi there

I'm fairly new to hard let alone expert sudoku puzzles. And I'm really struggling with the logic, I was hoping you could clear this up for me (this must be a simple question for you guys ;) )

So I have this Hard Puzzle from the Android App "Sudoku.com". I was filling it out with pencil marks and everything, until I got to the point where I accidentally put a 4 in R1C6 (row 1 cell 6), which I didn't mean to.
To my surprise, it showed as correct.
Now I'm struggling to find the logic in that, since I pencil-marked R7C4 with 37 and R9C4 with 17.
So my logic would tell me, that a 4 can't be on the left side of box 8, otherwise what's the point of penci-marking pairs??

So please, explain to me why that isn't the case.
Also, I would love to know what my next step would be ... I thought the elimination of the 4 would really get things going ...

Here's the grid in code, also you find a screenshot of the puzzle attached, where you can see my pencilmarks.
Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all
. . . | . . . | 6 . .
. 6 2 | . . 7 | 4 . .
------+-------+------
8 . 6 | . 4 . | 5 3 .
. . . | . . . | . 1 6
2 . . | 6 . . | . 4 .
------+-------+------
. . 1 | . 6 . | . . .
. . 7 | 5 . . | 1 . 3
. 8 3 | . 9 . | 2 . .

Edit: nevermind, since i posted this question (took very long for my post to be approved by an admin, no offence intended, I honestly forgot I even posted in this forum :roll: )
I got more experienced with hard and expert sudokus.
I retract my original question... rookie mistakes :D

sorry to have wasted precious internet space with my postings.
Have a great day... cheers
Attachments
Screenshot_20200312-085558.jpg
Screenshot_20200312-085558.jpg (250.6 KiB) Viewed 515 times
philtronic

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques