help

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

Postby tarek » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Kent wrote:1 more quesion.How do u select the colouring technique? How do u know row or column to start with?? What if i start with r9c1 and procede with the coluring?? Then i wont have to eliminate 3 from r9c1.So it actually depends on where u start right?

2 much to cover in one thread Kent IMO,

The basic principle about colouring is colouring a chain of conjugates that are connected via string links, the way I achieve that is by picking sectors which have 2 candidates only, then picking either candidate & try to find another sector with 1 other partner..........

You can't do that if pick r9c1 first.........as every sector it's in has more than 2 candidates........

They're closing dow here, so I got to leave...

Tarek
tarek

Postby Kent » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:01 pm

Thanks Tarek Really appreaciate all your effort in helping me out!!
Kent

Postby ronk » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:37 pm

Kent wrote:So regarding my question for the colouring.Can u please explain??

If you pay attention to only the 3s ... and color conjugate pairs with 'T' (representing a possible true) and 'F' (representing a possible false) ... you get the following:
Code: Select all
  3 -3 . | . . . | . T .
  .  . . | . . . | . . .
  T  . . | . . . | F . .
 --------+-------+-------
  .  . . | . . . | . . .
  .  . . | . . . | . . .
  .  . . | . . . | . . .
 --------+-------+-------
  .  . . | . . . | . . .
  .  F . | . . . | T . .
 -3  3 . | . . . | . F .

Note that the 3 at r1c2 is in row 1 with a T and in col 2 with a F. If the T ultimately ends up having represented true (the true location of 3s), the 3 at r1c2 is eliminated because of the 3 at r1c8. If that's completely opposite from the ultimate ending, the F at r8c2 represents the ultimate true ... and the 3 at r1c2 is eliminated. In either case, r1c2<>3.

Similarly, the 8 at r9c1 is also "in sight" of both a T and a F ... and may also be eliminated.

Ron
ronk
2012 Supporter

Postby Kent » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 am

I dont understand whyis there T&F and also- sign.How did u put that into place?
Kent

Previous

Return to Help with puzzles and solving techniques