help me learn how to post a puzzle that is easy to read.

Post the puzzle or solving technique that's causing you trouble and someone will help

help me learn how to post a puzzle that is easy to read.

Postby tommy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:30 pm

Hello,

I have a need to post a puzzle for help but i can not make it easy to read for the generous people that take the time to respond.

I have read about using the code button, then typing in my numbers and then using the code button again. However I must be doing something wrong.

thank you in advance.

tom

I want some help with a particular puzzle in finding some UR's or just a way without guessing.
tommy

Postby ravel » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:33 pm

Its good enough, when you post it this way:

[code]
[/code]

But dont "Disable BBCode in this post" (as i did here for demonstration) to have it better formatted. (This is a fine UR puzzle posted by Keith).
You can type in or copy your puzzle, mark it and press the Code button, then [code] and [/code] will be inserted before and after the marked text.
ravel

Readable puzzles

Postby keith » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:52 pm

Tom,

If you are on a PC, use "Notepad" to type in your puzzle. Make sure it all lines up as you want.

Then, post a message. Click the "Code" button. Copy and paste the puzzle from Notepad. Click the "*Code" button.

Now, click "Preview". Does it look ok? If not, edit your message in the text window. Click "Preview" again. When you are all done, click "Submit".

Still not happy? You can edit a message posted by you. Look for the "Edit" icon at the top of the message. Fixing the formatting or correcting typos is not a problem. If you do change the meaning of something, you should note something like "edited" at the place where you made the change.

Keith
keith
2017 Supporter

sudoku techniques

Postby Crazy Girl » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:20 pm

Tom,
If you want to learn new techniques to solve sudoku's then have a look at the following sites:

http://www.angusj.com/sudoku/hints.php or
http://www.sadmansoftware.com/sudoku/techniques.htm or
http://www.scanraid.com/BasicStrategies.htm

the url to learn how to use BBCode is here.

if you post the puzzle hit the preview button to see how it will be viewed by the forum.

:)
Crazy Girl

Postby ravel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:07 am

And the most important thing: When you get answers, let the people know, that you read them:)
ravel

Help me learn how... that is easy to read.

Postby Cec » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:15 am

Well expressed ravel and I totally agree.

Cec
Cec

Postby Pi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:11 pm

i got a nice little spreadsheet in excel that generates the code for you, you just type in a puzzle and it adds the -'s and |'s untill your puzzle looks like this
Code: Select all
+---+---+---+
|---|---|---|
|---|---|---|
|---|---|---|
+---+---+---+
|---|---|---|
|---|---|---|
|---|---|---|
+---+---+---+
|---|---|---|
|---|---|---|