Hello everyone

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Hello everyone

Postby Hexdump » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:34 am

I got this infernal game for Christmas and finally got around to trying it.
I'm now hooked and pulling my hair out.
I have downloaded and am considering buying the program from Sadman, and have tried it for a few days and had a question and did not see a place on their site for questions.
If anyone uses it, please comment.

When I fill in the pencil marks, it records the numbers in different patterns and I was wondering what was the significance of their placement ?
Sometimes they are on the same horizontal line, sometimes they are kitty-cornered, etc.

Also, are there other products like Sadman's that you would recommend ?

thanks,

Hex
Hexdump

Postby Pappocom » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 am

I would pefer that you write direct to Sadman when you have queries about his software. This is not the Support site for 3rd party software.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Re: Hello everyone

Postby ab » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:16 pm

Hexdump wrote:When I fill in the pencil marks, it records the numbers in different patterns and I was wondering what was the significance of their placement ?

Sometimes they are on the same horizontal line, sometimes they are kitty-cornered, etc.

try looking on the advanced solving techniques part of this forum for an answer to this question.

Hexdump wrote:Also, are there other products like Sadman's that you would recommend ?

thanks,

Hex

Pappocom, who own this forum, have their own product that they sell. There is also a solver programs part to this forum, have a look there for other programs.
ab

Postby Hexdump » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:39 pm

Pappocom wrote:I would pefer that you write direct to Sadman when you have queries about his software. This is not the Support site for 3rd party software.

- Wayne

I looked all over their site to see if there was a way to contact them, but must have missed it. I apologize if I offended you and will take a look at your program as well.
Hexdump

Postby Pi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:46 pm

Well from what i have heard Sadman is very nice, i have never used it myself.

I have used Pappocom sudoku and find that very good, particularly the generation of puzzles (probably the best in the world)

There are also online sovlers to choose from
Pi

Return to General