Handheld Electronic Sudoku Games

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Handheld Electronic Sudoku Games

Postby corebe » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:19 pm

I am interested in anyone's experience and recommendations regarding
Handheld Electronic Sudoku Games.

I bought one at Costco which would not even let you save a game...needless to say it was returned.

I am particularly interested to find one which has the ability to see possible allocations in unallocated cells.

Other desirable features? Backlit. Physical size. Good visibilty. Generates high quality games at different difficulty levels. Can save games in progress.

I am new and apologize if this topic already exists..I did not see it, if so.
corebe

Postby JL » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:20 am

I got two handhelds for Christmas last year. One of them, which came from Sharper Image, kept spitting out invalid puzzles and therefore got trashed. The other one is some el-cheapo 10-in-1 that is backlit and will save the puzzle in progress, but it doesn't show possibilities. It also generated some nasty puzzles that at least were valid.

Personally I'll stick with computer-generated puzzles.
JL

Postby corebe » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:07 pm

Yes, there seem to be a lot of very lame electronic games out there...I wonder if there are any good ones...you would think Sharper Image would have something decent but I guess not from what you say...thanks for the info.

As far as computer games..I have Sudoku Dragon which seems pretty good but I'd love to have a really good electronic handheld for travel.
corebe

Postby Chessmaster » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 pm

Do not get on by Technosource there puzzles have many soultions and only one is recognized as correct. I put on in a solver bucasue I thought somthing was wrong and It gave 4 soultions.
Chessmaster

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:42 pm

JL wrote:.... Personally I'll stick with computer-generated puzzles.

That's no guarantee, either. I have Sudoku Master by Centron (comes on a CD for PC's). My wife got it for me, she says she paid about $2 for it at Walgreens. About 20% of the supplied puzzles (especially at the higher difficulty levels) have multiple solutions, invariably involving unsolvable rectangles (such as two ways to fill r45c26 with 3's and 7's). This software package also has several other bugs and inconvenient features.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Electronic Samurai Sudoku?

Postby rdecast » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:54 am

I'm looking for an electronic handheld version of samurai sudoku for my girlfriend for Christmas. has anyone ever seen one out there?

if so, please let me know!!

thanks!!!
rdecast

Return to General