Hand held electronic Sudoku

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Hand held electronic Sudoku

Postby chris6476 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:55 am

Hi guys and gals,
I wondered if I could get some help on electronic hand-held Sudoku games.
My girlfriend is mad on the puzzles at the moment so I'm wanting to buy her a hand-held set for Xmas. I've been on EBAY and there are hundreds of them. Would anyone be able to recommend a certain model or are they all pretty much the same..?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks and Merry Xmas!
chris6476

Postby Shazbot » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:59 am

DH just pointed one out to me in our TV guide - 29.95 AUD plus postage I think it was, and by the brief description it LOOKS like there's a way to eliminate (reject) candidates as well as to place numbers, get hints, solve the puzzle and more. Though I couldn't see how you can actually VIEW all candidates for a cell, and the monochrome display on this particular one has a kind of "backward" feeling to me (guess you get what you pay for). There was no indication of the range of difficulty levels available or if puzzles would have unique solutions.
Shazbot

Postby Pi » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:49 pm

The quality of the puzzles is important.
Does Pappocom supply puzzles to any hand held devices? If so then i would go for that one. I eouldn't spend £30 on a device with questionable quality puzzles.
I once purchased a fotball trivia quiz on a handheld device with the answer being "True" for every question
Pi

Return to General