generation graphic sudoku

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

generation graphic sudoku

Postby merallas » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:19 pm

I have written a program which generates 9x9 sudokus. However, making the graphical presentation of the sudoku is rather primitive and time consuming at the moment. Therefore I like to have a simple program, which reads one liners from an input file and which generates for each sudoku a JPG outputfile where the numbers are presented in the grid. Before I start programming such a program by myself I like to now if such an interface is available somewhere?

Merallas
merallas

Postby Ruud » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:58 pm

You might be able to use SudoCue in combination with Windows scripting.

Here's a sequence that you can use:

1. Copy a puzzle string to the clipboard
2. Send ^v to SudoCue (this pastes the puzzle into the program)
3. Send {F12} to SudoCue (this copies the grid image to the clipboard)
4. Save the image on the clipboard to a file.

Other Sudoku programs can also copy their grids to an image, so you can pick the one you like best.

Ruud
Ruud

Postby merallas » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Ruud wrote:You might be able to use SudoCue in combination with Windows scripting.

Here's a sequence that you can use:

1. Copy a puzzle string to the clipboard
2. Send ^v to SudoCue (this pastes the puzzle into the program)
3. Send {F12} to SudoCue (this copies the grid image to the clipboard)
4. Save the image on the clipboard to a file.

Other Sudoku programs can also copy their grids to an image, so you can pick the one you like best.

Ruud

Ruud, thanks for this suggetion. I will try it, however, it is a rather oversized tool for such a simple action and it needs still handwork. At the moment I have a drag and drop method based on the drawing program paint. Actually it is very simple to program a grid with numbers in e.g. quick basic. But the problem is that the generated graph cannot be converted to a jpg file.

merallas
merallas

Return to Software