Free Ingenious Excel spreadsheet

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Free Ingenious Excel spreadsheet

Postby Zen Unbound » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:50 am

Friends,

I am developing a Sudoku problem-solving aid on Excel [I know; I know; I'm one of many. Tut, tut.]

I think my spreadsheet is quite clever and useful.

I have not seen other spreadsheets that have been touted on these boards -- but, frankly, I would be surprized if they use my innovations!

1) Cleverly uses the first nine prime numbers for an easy solving methodology. [But you don't need to know this to deal with puzzles on the spreadsheet.]
2) Scribling is done for you, in the cell where you put your number [No associated puzzleblocks to deal with.]
3) Identifies possible numbers in each un-figured square AND indentifes circumstances where a digit is unique in any column, row, or group.

----

The Workbook is in development; it needs to be make more elegant. But version 0.9 is available, for free, if you write me: unbound aat gmail dott comm. Say you would like SudokuScribler 0.9 Let me know if it is ok for me to inform you when a new version is available. [Be advised, if/when I do get a professional-grade version together, it will cost only a dollar and will entitle users to all subsequent upgrades.] ALSO, I would appreciate feedback on the workbook, either through this forum or via email. Thank you.

-- Tom Armstrong
Zen Unbound

Postby Pi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:54 pm

i have done 2 spreadsheets, one of which is just a scribbler and i like that one, the other alerts you to anything you may want to know that is relevant
Pi

SudokuScribbler 0.91 now available

Postby Zen Unbound » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:51 pm

I have upgraded the Scribbler.

NOW, it is especially helpful for those of you doing hard puzzles.

The Scribbler does not solve puzzles, it helps YOU solve puzzles by doing the scribbling for you. YOU do the brain work.

Please allow me to send you a free workbook. IT scribbles in candidate digits in unsolved cells; it tells you where only one digit is a candidate or where there are rows, columns or groupings that have a unique scribbled digit. The new Elimination Tank feature helps you to see the full effect of naked pairs, naked threes, naked quads, xy-wings, xyz-wings, et al, that YOU identify.

-- Tom Armstrong
Zen Unbound

Postby AlexK » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:08 pm

Does it use a lot of Excel-specific commands? I only have QuattroPro and OpenOffice on my computer...
AlexK

Postby Zen Unbound » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:32 am

AlexK: I don't know how it would work on QuattroPro. I can send you the workbook to see, if you like. Write me at unbound att gmail dott com

Too, I'll download and see if it works on Microsoft's free Excel reader. If it does, you can download the reader at microsoft.com
Zen Unbound

commands

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:18 am

use countif command in excel to count up options, from there isn't a short series of iterations

Postby Pi » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:07 pm

Conditional formating is also good to make it user friendly
Pi

Return to Software